• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Qayyum

Reaction score
How does the Soller compare to the Rain,Robert, and Forest for a boot?
this is the only boot i have ... in rain last i have a dubmonk, and in forest last i had a penny loafer but i didn't like the shape of the toe. however nothing strange in the photos, but the shoe I had looked like a clown shoe ...
i took soller one size smaller than forest, and a half of rain. I find the width similar to rain with a rounder toe and a little wider than forest.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
How are your orders from last months MTO campaign looking? I ordered my Calways 12 October and I haven’t received any updates yet.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Balmoral oxfords on the Simpson last. ?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A little shout out on the black friday promotion we are launching soon. Once the promotion is live, the complimentary items will be included without the code.

Code to include a matching belt along with your order : black
Code to include the cream: friday

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering a couple of purchases and wouldn't mind a little sizing help.

I've currently got 2 pairs of Carmina, both loafers, and I was sized for them at the Barcelona shop (on holiday, not an option in general)

I have the Uetam last in (UK) size 8 and the Forest last in size 7.5. The 7.5 are snug, which is fine in a loafer, but I wouldn't mind a touch more room widthways, especially as I'm considering a boot, but I think 8 in Forest would be too big (it was in loafers), and Rain looks like a good option.

Can I ask for other's experience in this? For a bit more context I'm size 8-8.5 in Edward Green, 7.5 in Trickers Bourton and a consistent 8 in Cheaney, Church's and C&J.

Thanks!

miamidoc

Reaction score
Hey guys. I saw this discontinued style on eBay. 80438. What do you think? I’m a fan of two tone brogues and adore my EG Malvern. Is this worth asking @Carmina for a style resurrection for customization? Perhaps a tan vegano and green repello?

B477ACB7-F2E4-4161-8C52-932376620036.jpeg

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely unique, you do not see many boots like that. Carmina should be able to make it, just give them the model number. It's 80438

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I saw this discontinued style on eBay. 80438. What do you think? I’m a fan of two tone brogues and adore my EG Malvern. Is this worth asking @Carmina for a style resurrection for customization? Perhaps a tan vegano and green repello?

View attachment 1504815
I asked them If they could make that model for me, and they said sure. That was a few months ago.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1504815

I think I have that makeup somewhere in my closet, let me take some pictures tomorrow

/edit

found this pic in this thread from 5 years ago

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads