• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8x8

Reaction score
Here are some promised Green Marbled Shell 80184 boots. Or, as the light changes... “Chameleon” Shell.

HUGE Thank You goes out to Styleforum and @Carmina for making this special pair possible. I am over the moon happy.

Neutral light: Marbling is muted.
View attachment 1486215
View attachment 1486216
View attachment 1486226 View attachment 1486227 In bright sun....

View attachment 1486219
View attachment 1486221

View attachment 1486223 View attachment 1486220
Wow! I really hope the next GMTO is marbled shell....These are spectacular!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Here are some promised Green Marbled Shell 80184 boots. Or, as the light changes... “Chameleon” Shell.

HUGE Thank You goes out to Styleforum and @Carmina for making this special pair possible. I am over the moon happy.

View attachment 1486215
View attachment 1486216

View attachment 1486219
View attachment 1486221

Definitely unique. I love green boots in general. What’s the plan to wear them with, denim? I love green boots with denim.

miamidoc

Reaction score
Can marbled shell be requested or is it only Carmina does a marbled shell run?
I think they are considering making it available for future runs. They only had several shells of this and I was very very very fortunate to put my name in first once announced. If you stay tuned to this thread I’m sure Sara will apprise us of availability in the future.

dsk321

Reaction score
Just picked up forest polo nst, and totally love the makeup. My robert brown derbies have a partner now. Not sure if it's the design of the nst vs derby, but the forest instep feels lower? The forest lacing gap is bigger, and its definitely snugger even if it's a hair wider at the ball. I honestly can't tell if there's a heel difference.

What is the little "2" stamp next to the size designating? If these are seconds they're nearlybflawless if that's what the 2 means.

20201028_165157.jpg
20201028_165222.jpg
20201028_164851.jpg

miamidoc

Reaction score
Just picked up forest polo nst, and totally love the makeup. My robert brown derbies have a partner now. Not sure if it's the design of the nst vs derby, but the forest instep feels lower? The forest lacing gap is bigger, and its definitely snugger even if it's a hair wider at the ball. I honestly can't tell if there's a heel difference.

What is the little "2" stamp next to the size designating? If these are seconds they're nearlybflawless if that's what the 2 means.

View attachment 1486317 View attachment 1486318 View attachment 1486319
Lovely pickup. I’m curious about the “2” as well. Never seen that before.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
And no one is going to tell you that those shoes are kind of ugly? They make you stand out but they are not that dapper, in my opinion. Looks like a haphazard attempt at a patina. It's your shoe and money though, so congrats on your creation.

Nice job winning the asshole of the day reward.

Get some manners. If you don't care for something, perhaps keep your unsolicited opinion to yourself.

The boots are awesome.

harlequin782

Reaction score

View attachment 1486215
View attachment 1486216

View attachment 1486219
View attachment 1486221

Very cool looking boots.

Phoenician

Reaction score

View attachment 1486215
View attachment 1486216

View attachment 1486219
View attachment 1486221

I absolutely adore these, but you already know that! ?
Marbled shell is just incredible, maybe not for everyone, but I certainly love it and I figure many she’ll footwear aficionados do as well
Now, get busy breaking them in for me, and I’ll take them off your hands when you’re done with them around Christmas time. ?

miamidoc

Reaction score
I absolutely adore these, but you already know that! ?
Marbled shell is just incredible, maybe not for everyone, but I certainly love it and I figure many she’ll footwear aficionados do as well
Now, get busy breaking them in for me, and I’ll take them off your hands when you’re done with them around Christmas time. ?
Maybe next Christmas??? ? ? The shell on these is mighty thick too. Might take me some time to get broken in. I picked them up out of the box and was like “oh they put shoe trees in too...” Nope. Just that substantial.

I’m giving this troll a D- for effort. Really weak hating game. At least that Guccinski fella had a well-defined, disagreeable perspective. Let’s all ignore and move on sharing stuff about our Carmina shoes and boots....

8x8

Reaction score
Maybe next Christmas??? ? ? The shell on these is mighty thick too. Might take me some time to get broken in. I picked them up out of the box and was like “oh they put shoe trees in too...” Nope. Just that substantial.

I’m giving this troll a D- for effort. Really weak hating game. At least that Guccinski fella had a well-defined, disagreeable perspective. Let’s all ignore and move on sharing stuff about our Carmina shoes and boots....
I'll get it started. Are the sole edges on your boots chestnut or brown? At first I thought brown, but in the light maybe chestnut.

miamidoc

Reaction score
I'll get it started. Are the sole edges on your boots chestnut or brown? At first I thought brown, but in the light maybe chestnut.
I forgot to add. Yes, Chestnut. I have found the Brown dressing too dark for my taste in most of my Carmina. I kinda wish they had a lighter but not full natural option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads