• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its my opinion that they have a hard time lasting lizard shoes. I noticed that even on my acceptable pair, theyre not lasted as neatly/closely as what you would see on a calf or cordovan shoe.
I’m guessing there’s very little stretch.

harlequin782

Reaction score
I’m guessing there’s very little stretch.
Most likely youre right. Plus, for gigantic wookie feet like the ones I have, Im sure they had to stretch those poor little lizards to their outer limits to make them fit over the last.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its my opinion that they have a hard time lasting lizard shoes. I noticed that even on my acceptable pair, theyre not lasted as neatly/closely as what you would see on a calf or cordovan shoe.

Also, their chestnut lizard color that they show on their website is vastly different/lighter than the chestnut color they produce in real life. In real life, their chestnut is a basic, medium brown with no highlights or depth of color to my eye.

But were they 1300 dollar, custom made lizard shoes?

Because I have it on good authority that you'll have a hard time keeping those alligators down.

harlequin782

Reaction score
But were they 1300 dollar, custom made lizard shoes?

Close enough

Because I have it on good authority that you'll have a hard time keeping those alligators down.
woo.gif

WOOOO!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina
I think designing a new last will be a very long and difficult process. Difficult because you will never satisfy everyone, and I think SF members are exaggerating their interest for the new last. Very few will take a chance on unreturnable shoes built on the new last, especially during this pandemic.
In the meantime, I think you need more lazyman models. Here is another for inspiration.
AM-lazyman_1800x1800.jpg

goalaso

Reaction score
@Carmina
I think designing a new last will be a very long and difficult process. Difficult because you will never satisfy everyone, and I think SF members are exaggerating their interest for the new last. Very few will take a chance on unreturnable shoes built on the new last, especially during this pandemic.
In the meantime, I think you need more lazyman models. Here is another for inspiration.
View attachment 1481797
I think @laufer is probably right re: the SF last. But hopefully @Carmina hears the consensus opinion that a combination last with a narrower heel relative to a wider forefoot is what's wanted. Given the frequency of them introducing lasts, this could be taken into consideration by the company

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina
View attachment 1481797
I took a chance on the sineu .....

dsk321

Reaction score
I got a nice package delivered today, robert derbies and rain chukkas, both 10, both brown suede. (i wear 10.5 gs leo, nicks 55, parkhurst, 10 in trickers 4497s). This is my first dip in carmina so was excited to open the boxes.

The derbies fit incredibly well, the suede condition is generally OK, but some scuffed bits. Heel box rash is there but not overly noticable.

Why aren't they in bags for shipment?
20201021_145624.jpg 20201021_150113.jpg 20201021_150137.jpg
The chukka condition is suspect, pretty bad box rash on the heels, an indented fold on one of the vamps, and the sides are noticeably scruffier than the derbies. The rain fit is a bit loose. Front feels fine but lots of extra height, kinda swimming more than pnw boots. heel is ok, instep is more generous than needed I think, I added one pic of them laced. All that said, with some insoles the fit felt as good as the robert.

20201021_151242.jpg 20201021_144210.jpg 20201021_144324.jpg 20201021_144331.jpg 20201021_144340.jpg 20201021_144356.jpg

I added pics to ask you guys how acceptably these were delivered. Thanks!

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How was it? I wanted to order something on Sineu, but only unlined models are allowed on the customization website.
For sineu is , hands down, the best last. Slim on the heel and accommodating of my big toe. I’ve requested several shoes on the sineu last, all lined. I have chukkas, penny loafers and NSTs. For reference, o take the same size in rain and sineu.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a nice package delivered today, robert derbies and rain chukkas, both 10, both brown suede. (i wear 10.5 gs leo, nicks 55, parkhurst, 10 in trickers 4497s). This is my first dip in carmina so was excited to open the boxes.

The derbies fit incredibly well, the suede condition is generally OK, but some scuffed bits. Heel box rash is there but not overly noticable.

View attachment 1481815 View attachment 1481816 View attachment 1481817
The chukka condition is suspect, pretty bad box rash on the heels, an indented fold on one of the vamps, and the sides are noticeably scruffier than the derbies. The rain fit is a bit loose. Front feels fine but lots of extra height, kinda swimming more than pnw boots. heel is ok, instep is more generous than needed I think, I added one pic of them laced. All that said, with some insoles the fit felt as good as the robert.

View attachment 1481809 View attachment 1481814 View attachment 1481813 View attachment 1481812 View attachment 1481811 View attachment 1481810

Mark on the top looks bad.

Phoenician

Reaction score

View attachment 1481809 View attachment 1481814 View attachment 1481813 View attachment 1481812 View attachment 1481811 View attachment 1481810

Who the hell ships suede footwear without putting them in bags first? Scuffs and marks are surely going to
happen within the box and them rubbing together in transit.

I'm assuming you bought these from someone and not new from Carmina or one their retailers?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sineu is , hands down, the best last. Slim on the heel and accommodating of my big toe. I’ve requested several shoes on the sineu last, all lined. I have chukkas, penny loafers and NSTs. For reference, o take the same size in rain and sineu.
You just put it in the notes? I wonder if I should have done that on my latest MTO

dsk321

Reaction score
Who the hell ships suede footwear without putting them in bags first? Scuffs and marks are surely going to
happen within the box and them rubbing together in transit.

I'm assuming you bought these from someone and not new from Carmina or one their retailers?
I bought them from the armoury nyc, which is one of their retailers right? That decision was baffling to me. Im gonna request a return for sure, but glad I know I fit in the robert (by extension forest) very well, and the rain with insoles was nice and snug.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ooof, those are pretty rough scuffs. The one on the back seems to be rubbed pretty severely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads