• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the left side of the left shoe got the worst of it. I dunno, zag’s idea of checking others lizard shoe work seems a good path, to determine if it’s shoddy work or par for the course.
Regardless , I’d not want shoes looking like that. But then, I’m not a fan of cordovan either ?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless , I’d not want shoes looking like that. But then, I’m not a fan of cordovan either ?
Well, that little piece of information, pretty much dis-qualifies any comments you have on any topic.....:sneaky2:

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, that little piece of information, pretty much dis-qualifies any comments you have on any topic.....:sneaky2:
? I’m definitely in a minority on this thread. There’s a lot of love for cordovan in the US.

dench127

Reaction score
? I’m definitely in a minority on this thread. There’s a lot of love for cordovan in the US.
I'm kinda with you, the best calf beats shell for me, but shell beats average calf every day of the week

Meelypops

Reaction score
To be fair, I am more excited for leather/ model creations than lasts.

I could go down a rather dangerous route given it would imply a complete new fit. I did take note on the feedback regarding a forest EEE - Sineu mash up.

How about a Sineu EE heel and a EEE front?
Something with less volume/ lower instep for us flat footed folk with no ankles please

Phoenician

Reaction score
SECOND UPDATE: So I finally got the new shoes (or are they...?). This still looks pretty bad in my opinion, what do you guys say?

I've had one pair of lizard shoes in my life, quite expensive ones. My late father also had a couple thousand dollar pair of lizard cowboy boots. On both pair, they exhibited what you're showing, and from my examination, looks common from the lizard skin. I'd imagine it's difficult to get skins large enough for shoes and especially boots, without getting these natural skin folds as part of it.

Ultimately, if you're not happy, then contact Carmina; I wouldn't be confident thought that you'll ever get a pair without these skin folds somewhere on the shoes.

thefoobar

Reaction score
We peaked into the results for the December GMTO survey, a couple of you suggested creating a special styleforum last.

Any thoughts? This could potentially take months and a large investment on lasts.. We would have to open negotiations to see if it is possible.

Well, as a European that didn't eat steaks, drink beer, wrestle in high school and whatever else one must to do have wide feet, I'm just going to reiterate my earlier request of an asymmetric round toe, narrow throughout the entire last. Like, Simpson heel, Rain D toe but round. Disclaimer: I haven't tried Sineu in person as it wasn't in stock when I visited the boutique. It's on my list of priorities.

Trakl

Reaction score
From what I understood, something chunkier than the llubí last?
Instead of creating a new last, how about bringing back an old one?
I think reviving the Boga would be a great addition for those of us with very wide forefeet, and at the same time it would make possible some really chunky and sturdy shoe/boot builds.

Interestingly enough, Carmina used a photo featuring the Boga last for their Custom weekend 2019 promo.
Carmina_MTO_2019_Boga_last.jpg

yengli

Reaction score
I would like to see cognac cordovan back or the dark variant that seems to be available as seen by Enzo Bonafe

miamidoc

Reaction score
Instead of creating a new last, how about bringing back an old one?
I think reviving the Boga would be a great addition for those of us with very wide forefeet, and at the same time it would make possible some really chunky and sturdy shoe/boot builds.

Interestingly enough, Carmina used a photo featuring the Boga last for their Custom weekend 2019 promo.
View attachment 1481720
Boga in Unglazed shell Derby boot please. ?

Phoenician

Reaction score
Boga in Unglazed shell Derby boot please. ?

That, and I'd like to see a Boga-lasted pixie boot type curled toe, a rainbow hue to the shell, and a peacock feather coming out of the heel. I've asked Carmina twice, but have been roundly rejected. I think the gist was that I didn't have any class, or something like that, but my Spanish isn't the best so may have that wrong.

Trakl

Reaction score
That, and I'd like to see a Boga-lasted pixie boot type curled toe, a rainbow hue to the shell, and a peacock feather coming out of the heel. I've asked Carmina twice, but have been roundly rejected. I think the gist was that I didn't have any class, or something like that, but my Spanish isn't the best so may have that wrong.
pixie_curled_toe.jpg

You're welcome.

harlequin782

Reaction score
Sorry: above was message history I should perhaps have included in my previous post. As for other lizard shoes, let us start with how Carmina present these shoes on their website:
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/lizard-lace-up-shoes-80197
Here is another pair from earlier in this thread:
https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/20200725_115016-jpg.1430282/
https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/20200725_114444-jpg.1430277/
Its my opinion that they have a hard time lasting lizard shoes. I noticed that even on my acceptable pair, theyre not lasted as neatly/closely on the vamp as what you would see on a calf or cordovan shoe.

Also, their chestnut lizard color that they show on their website is vastly different/lighter than the chestnut color they produce in real life. In real life, their chestnut is a basic, medium brown with no highlights or depth of color to my eye.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads