• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I have requested some samples and really hope I can show you some new additions soon. We would probably have to go down the preordering root though since some of the leathers are hard to source.

Oh yeah, one other thing that would be a help would be a gallery of custom makeups that Carmina has done for customers and also, if possible, images of older models or special makeups for retail stores that may be possible to order but aren't on the Customize platform or on the ready-to-wear part of the site.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Carmina has enough variety of lasts?

Not only in lasts - which at the latest count was 31 on their website - but also in soles (19), leathers (46) and colours (29). It's a bit overwhelming for the someone without the knowledge that those on SF have, or the customer of a more casual variety.

As someone with a passing interest in their shoes (I own two pairs of Carminas) from the outside looking in I think they would be well served by optimising their line a bit.
Perhaps you are not the only one that believes so, one thing is for sure, Carmina is on the right track by letting the market decide. If there are enough shoe buyers that want a newly proposed last, so be it. If there is not enough interest, the idea disappears. Ultimately, Carmina engaged with their customers is a win for them, but also for us!

EUtroll

Reaction score
Well noted, any feedback is always helpful.
I'm generally a bigger fan of the chunkier lasts, the Detroit last, which I'd love even more with a tighter heel, and the llubi last, which I'm yet to try on but having an MTO incoming on.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Split toe tassel loafers.

Reaction score
UPDATE: So this is the reply I got from carmina today

"
Thank you for your email. We would like to kindly remind you our outlet or sale shoes are single pairs that have not been sold in our stores for a couple or seasons in our stores and are sold in our sale/outlet section at lower prices. Therefore the quality of outlet shoes could be slightly lower that our main collection.
We do not have another pair in stock, but we can offer you a 10% discount for your next order for your trouble"

There was literally no information whatsoever that shoes sold on the summer sale were of a lesser quality.
I am shocked, I got butchered shoes and all they offer me is a 10% discount on a future purchase?
SECOND UPDATE: So I finally got the new shoes (or are they...?). This still looks pretty bad in my opinion, what do you guys say?

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_165641.jpg
    IMG_20201021_165641.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20201021_165515.jpg
    IMG_20201021_165515.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20201021_165841.jpg
    IMG_20201021_165841.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 71

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SECOND UPDATE: So I finally got the new shoes (or are they...?). This still looks pretty bad in my opinion, what do you guys say?
Looks like the left side of the left shoe got the worst of it. I dunno, zag’s idea of checking others lizard shoe work seems a good path, to determine if it’s shoddy work or par for the course.

Reaction score
My lizard cap toe shoes came today but the leather on the side looks very wrinkled. Is this normal? View attachment 1451514

It looks nothing like what they show on their website:
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/cdnassets/lizard_oxford_carmina_80197_ladl-2.jpg
I’m not one to criticise Carmina. But....that looks shocking. I’m amazed they let that out of the factory.
Doesn’t look to be lasted properly
We'll offer a remake immediately, sorry for our internal miscommunication.

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads