• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My color 4 shell cordovan boots that I ordered way back in March are finally here. Are there people in this thread that are still waiting for their March color 4 orders?
These are making me seriously consider adding a Frankenstitch boot to my shoe room.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Seriously good looking. Very nice. ?
Thank you
These turned out great, congrats. Is this the 80794 model? I saw that one added to the tool recently and have been wanting to design a plain toe boot for a while.
Model 973, Oscar Last, 8 eyelets. Antique edges, Double sole with storm welt.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of a few pretty sweet MTOs showed up today - unlined blucher in #4 shell (Simpson). Many thanks to Sara @Carmina for this one!!
0B4D1CB3-B89D-46EA-BF61-58CEC99F3D25.jpeg

061FCF6B-1BF9-48AF-AD53-F67D2A98651E.jpeg

D26C99EB-405B-4CAB-9088-831E17E1A97A.jpeg

723B416E-617E-436A-8764-2BEF1E71C377.jpeg

A90A71B2-F0A9-4BD8-ABB0-55B98A143F6E.jpeg

And just a bit of stamp on one tongue:
B1F5BF16-0233-4AF0-9D31-3B2B589EC805.jpeg

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We peaked into the results for the December GMTO survey, a couple of you suggested creating a special styleforum last.

Any thoughts? This could potentially take months and a large investment on lasts.. We would have to open negotiations to see if it is possible.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We peaked into the results for the December GMTO survey, a couple of you suggested creating a special styleforum last.

Any thoughts? This could potentially take months and a large investment on lasts.. We would have to open negotiations to see if it is possible.
Something like the Oscar but more room for the big toe?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I understood, something chunkier than the llubí last?
For me, Oscar fits everywhere apart from insufficient space for the big toe. I think llubi is probably too chunky. Perhaps others can chime in. Maybe a more asymmetrical chunky last but not too chunky.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
it's easy to get carried out by bad advice in forums so... but for what it's worth I would like to see Carmina making a last with less springtoe and with less height in the toe while keeping it rounded and smart casual (definitely not pointy). Some of carmina lasts have to much height and spring for my taste (soller, oscar, forest...)

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's definitely challenging to see the gap in the collection since the feedback fit and opinion on lasts can have so much variety.

it's easy to get carried out by bad advice in forums so... but for what it's worth I would like to see Carmina making a last with less springtoe and with less height in the toe while keeping it rounded and smart casual (definitely not pointy). Some of carmina lasts have to much height and spring for my taste (soller, oscar, forest...)

miamidoc

Reaction score
It's definitely challenging to see the gap in the collection since the feedback fit and opinion on lasts can have so much variety.
Agree with this. Any new last is likely to generate as much excitement as frustration. Especially in the context of a non returnable MTO product. Good luck trying to unload that new last on B/S/T or eBay. There are also other lasts listed on Carmina’s website that aren’t widely available for trial fittings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads