• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boring or classic?
E922E9A1-F02A-4A43-994C-84C5DFD68540.jpeg

Bleedblue

Reaction score
Quick Chelsea advice... I’m looking for a pair of dark brown Chelsea boots to replace a C&J pair I wore into oblivion. I have limited experience with Carmina - bought a pair of suede chukkas at Barney’s closing sale, model number suggests they’re Rain last but they look more like Forest or Inca to me. If I want a more rounded toe and casual silhouette, and I know my Forest/Inca chukkas fit well in a 8.5US from Barney’s... any advice on what last I’m looking for?

Also... what retailers stock Carmina nowadays? Checked Skoak to no avail.

Thanks!

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of Barney's stuff was Simpson and Uetam. I thought the Barney's stuff came in the original Carmina box, which should have the last on it?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I hope you have plans for the weekend.

Now that the custom weekend is over and with no other custom promotions in line. I would like to open up the opportunity of voting and requesting upcoming Private GMTOs.

I have already received some petitions for special leathers etc which I've gathered in a small survey here. Please follow the link to vote for your favourites and feel free to vote for all of them if you find them interesting.

Once we know which GMTO has more votes I'll follow up with colour options, swatches and much more.

We also loved creating a specific model with your suggestions (in reference to the Calway model) and would really enjoy creating some more for you. I've opened a slot for feedback on models you are missing too.

I've submitted my input via the survey, but wanted to post here as well to share and exchange thoughts with the Carmina community.

For leather I voted for Russian Calf and hatch grain shell. I own hatch grain shell boots (in color 4 and armagnac) from Bonafe, but would be interested in another hatch grain shell boot in a color I don't already own. Especially if available in bourbon, green or mid-brown (cognac?). I would also jump at the opportunity to get a Carmina cap toe boot in brown Russian calf.

As far as new models models are concerned, I would love to see a U tip boot based on the 80488 model but with 8 eyelets (so slightly taller than the standard 80488). I realize 80462 is similar, but prefer design details on the 80488.

I would also love a pair of captoe balmoral boots that are slightly shorter than the existing 10 eyelet 80492 boot. I think reducing the height of the 80492 to include only 8 eyelets would be perfect. Here's G&G Canterbury boot just to help visualize. A pair of these in hatch grain shell would be stunning.

Finally, I feel a boot based on this Calway concept sketch would be fantastic. I'd voted for a different design when Carmina requested input from SF community, but now feel this would make for a truly unique and handsome boot.

Pics of EG Albion and Carmina 80711 to help visualize. I feel the concept boot is nicer than either of these.

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina Could you please confirm if the Russian calf in the survey means JFJ Baker Russian?
Anything we describe as Russian Calf is only sourced from JFJ Baker. I requested a colour palette but apparently they only manufacture brown or black Russian Calf.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Quick Chelsea advice... I’m looking for a pair of dark brown Chelsea boots to replace a C&J pair I wore into oblivion. I have limited experience with Carmina - bought a pair of suede chukkas at Barney’s closing sale, model number suggests they’re Rain last but they look more like Forest or Inca to me. If I want a more rounded toe and casual silhouette, and I know my Forest/Inca chukkas fit well in a 8.5US from Barney’s... any advice on what last I’m looking for?

Also... what retailers stock Carmina nowadays? Checked Skoak to no avail.

Thanks!
If this helps, I was wearing a c and j Chelsea the other week and ordered an Oscar lasted boot to replicate it on a recent mto offering. Will most likely be a month or so away but I’ll post pictures when it arrives. I think it will be casual yet due to the brogueing hopefully smart casual..

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've submitted my input via the survey, but wanted to post here as well to share and exchange thoughts with the Carmina community.

For leather I voted for Russian Calf and hatch grain shell. I own hatch grain shell boots (in color 4 and armagnac) from Bonafe, but would be interested in another hatch grain shell boot in a color I don't already own. Especially if available in bourbon, green or mid-brown (cognac?). I would also jump at the opportunity to get a Carmina cap toe boot in brown Russian calf.

As far as new models models are concrned, I would love to see a U tip boot based on the 80488 model but with 8 eyelets (so slightly taller than the standard 80488). I realize the 80462 is similar, but prefer details on the 80488.

I would also love a pair of captoe balmoral boots that are slightly shorter than the existing10 eyelet 80492 boot. I think reducing the height of the 80492 to include only 8 eyelets would be perfect. Here's G&G Canterbury boot just to help visualize. A pair of these in hatch grain shell would be stunning.

Finally, I feel a boot based on this Calway concept sketch would be fantastic. I'd voted for a different design when Carmina requested input from SF community, but now feel this would make for a truly unique and handsome boot.

Pics of EG Albion and Carmina 80711 to help visualize. I feel the concept boot is nicer than either of these.

Not a fan of the sketched concept boot, but I like all of the other boot ideas you mentioned.

AlucardX

Reaction score
My color 4 shell cordovan boots that I ordered way back in March are finally here. Are there people in this thread that are still waiting for their March color 4 orders?

Attachments

• 20201019_111930.jpg
    20201019_111930.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201019_112046.jpg
    20201019_112046.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20201019_112208.jpg
    20201019_112208.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 86

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads