• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Specs:

CUSTOM WORK BOOTS 80791
Skin and color: Cordovan && Bourbon Cordovan

Skin and color: Cordovan && Bourbon Cordovan

Skin and color: Cordovan && Armagnac Cordovan

lining: Calf Leather && Green

Last and sole: Forest && Rendenbach sole

fabricacion: Single Sole && Chestnut Edge

floron: Without Medallion

Eyelets: Gold

hooks: Like the sample

laces: Brown Flat shoe laces

Nominated & initials: Without name neither initials

special requests: marble shell authorised by Sara. Styleforum order pls sub marbled for "bourbon" sections

More Options: Metal Toe Cap

size UK: 10.5

Since they're 'work boots', tell us what kind of work will they see? I'm guessing a long day of construction, pouring concrete, hanging drywall; dropping heavy things on your toes once an hour. Perhaps they'll be great on the farm, slopping the hogs, kicking farm implements when they break down. Maybe a diesel mechanic, spilling motor oil on them for a quick wipe off, kicking semi tires to eyeball tire inflation. I can only picture the amount of work these will see, and being JR soled and shell, will only look better with pig manure or motor oil slathered on (and in) them.

All in jest of course, I always get a kick out of when Carmina has some of their boots listed as 'work boots', when they're about the furthest thing someone would buy for any of the jobs listed above, and what is traditionally marketed in the US as 'work boots'.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Since they're 'work boots', tell us what kind of work will they see? I'm guessing a long day of construction, pouring concrete, hanging drywall; dropping heavy things on your toes once an hour. Perhaps they'll be great on the farm, slopping the hogs, kicking farm implements when they break down. Maybe a diesel mechanic, spilling motor oil on them for a quick wipe off, kicking semi tires to eyeball tire inflation. I can only picture the amount of work these will see, and being JR soled and shell, will only look better with pig manure or motor oil slathered on (and in) them.

All in jest of course, I always get a kick out of when Carmina has some of their boots listed as 'work boots', when they're about the furthest thing someone would buy for any of the jobs listed above, and what is traditionally marketed in the US as 'work boots'.
To be fair I’ve just been parachuting in my military cap toe ‘jumpers’...

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Atta boy! My days of HALO jumps and fast roping from helos are long behind me. The only jumping my jumpers would get now, is jumping out of an Uber at the curb of the airport.
I’d not jump over a puddle mate! ??
Was a continuation of the theme ye started sir!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Don't tell me that! I had you all pictured for doing glorious freefalls over the midlands, of course gracefully landing in someone's sheep pasture or garden pond, but regardless......
Tootling round the wilds as always mate..
6EBBA42F-F6CC-4EF4-A4CB-5D94DBE55E09.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
beautiful, love that entire country. Love seeing the dark clouds too, we have 320+ days of sunshine a year, and I'm sick of it and would like to see storm clouds and rain for a change
We’ve plenty of rain mate!

that was the Yorkshire Dales, not far off me to be honest.

Trakl

Reaction score
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I hope you have plans for the weekend.

Now that the custom weekend is over and with no other custom promotions in line. I would like to open up the opportunity of voting and requesting upcoming Private GMTOs.

I have already received some petitions for special leathers etc which I've gathered in a small survey here. Please follow the link to vote for your favourites and feel free to vote for all of them if you find them interesting.

Once we know which GMTO has more votes I'll follow up with colour options, swatches and much more.

We also loved creating a specific model with your suggestions (in reference to the Calway model) and would really enjoy creating some more for you. I've opened a slot for feedback on models you are missing too.
@Carmina Could you please confirm if the Russian calf in the survey means JFJ Baker Russian?

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Atta boy! My days of HALO jumps and fast roping from helos are long behind me. The only jumping my jumpers would get now, is jumping out of an Uber at the curb of the airport.
I like the "concept" of a Jumper boot - not so keen on the implementation. I used to wear a parachute hoping I'd never have to use it for realsies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads