• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One week felt like three...sounds like someone might need to check out the Netflix doc, Social Dilemma....lol

PGS

Reaction score
Simpson 9.5 seems good since cordovan is lasted looser, but I have not tried Simpson.
You have clearly already seen my inputs, but jet’s perspective:
1. I don’t recommend doing an MTO with a last you have never tried
2. If you must do an MTO with a last you have never tried, and are 10.5D on the AE 65, 9.5 UK on Simpson is about the safest bet you could make.
Welcome! I like your line of thinking regarding sizing. Probably a wise choice on Simpson. However as Carmina goes, they recommend to never try a new last/size in a MTO. Perhaps you could get into the MTO and get a trial pair to confirm sizing and adjust if needed. Sara @Carmina might be able to help.
Thanks everyone for your input—very much appreciated. I'll look into whether a "trial pair" is feasible and otherwise mull over my risk tolerance.

goalaso

Reaction score
Anyone have links to photos (preferably on the foot) of *Oscar or Llubi lasted Chelseas*? I've seen a number of previous comments with interest in an Oscar chelsea but concern over how the two might mesh. Haven't been able to find examples other than a stock photo of this model on the Carmina site:
I get heel slip with an Oscar last that is usually tolerable with thicker socks, break-in, and lacing in a boot (it doesn't work in a low shoe)- but I don't know how that will play in a Chelsea... Any advice appreciated

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having a little experience with the Oscar last and Chelsea boots, I'd suggest a sleeker last. I've got numerous Jumper boots on the Oscar last and I wouldn't consider it in a Chelsea.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did we land on a Carmina For Sale thread ?

Right here - the Spanish shoemakers Buy/Sell/Trade thread:

I think that the idea is that you create a post in the Buying and Selling forum, and then you can put up a post in the Spanish Shoemakers thread about it, with a link back to your post in the B&S forum.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right here - the Spanish shoemakers Buy/Sell/Trade thread:

I think that the idea is that you create a post in the Buying and Selling forum, and then you can put up a post in the Spanish Shoemakers thread about it, with a link back to your post in the B&S forum.
Thanks @Journeyman ?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chelseas.

Link-of-time

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering my first pair of Carmina in Bourbon cordovan, in terms of aesthetic is the Detroit last the most similar to Alden's Barrie last?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Message deleted .... decided to DM Sara instead of posting in this thread

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads