• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Placed my order for an Armagnac Chelsea but still thinking of an Amaretto or Color 4. Anyone have more pictures of the two in the wild?

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Pretty darn competitive price at that for Horween shell on a chelsea, especially if your feet are on the larger side. And customizable by last and design. If I didn’t have too many Chelseas I would bite.

Yeah price is fair for all the customizations available. I am probably in the minority but never been a fan of leather soles so even just being able to get the York sole makes it worth it.

gbandi

Reaction score
Any advice on Balix last? Size like Simpson or Rain/Inca? Looking at a chukka...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Split toe tassel loafers

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina or anyone else, I know I've seen toe brogueing patterns posted a million pages ago. Thinking about a color #4 or amaretto Chelsea with a 'different' brogue than normal. Anybody happen to have a comparison pic saved?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color elastic goes with a color 4 Chelsea? Need to place my order but not sure

miamidoc

Reaction score
What color elastic goes with a color 4 Chelsea? Need to place my order but not sure
Safe choice I think would be burgundy or tan. But my daring choice would be olive green.

Orange could be cool if it’s the RIGHT shade. Perhaps Sara @Carmina could weigh in?

There are two colors at the end here with names not shown that are brown and light cream. Any other votes?
407B4B00-8737-4622-8BF2-DB3290A34EBB.jpeg

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have taken a couple samples of the elastics we have available and compared them to colour 4/ amaretto. Sorry for the poor lighting, I hope you can see the colours.

Colour 4 this colour was a bit difficult to pick up with my phone. The brown elastic is a good match. However, you can also add a comment in the order stating "al tono" and our artisans will select the closer colour when manufacturing the pair.

IMG_0159.jpg

The amaretto Swatch, the colour after beige is a very close match. This elastic is apparently called pompei here at the factory.

IMG_0158.jpg

Safe choice I think would be burgundy or tan. But my daring choice would be olive green.

Orange could be cool if it’s the RIGHT shade. Perhaps Sara @Carmina could weigh in?

There are two colors at the end here with names not shown that are brown and light cream. Any other votes? View attachment 1463574

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads