• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenician

Reaction score
If I recall from the original eBay ad correctly it was a customer who MTO’d them with that look in mind a la frankenshell.

that‘s correct, I got them after someone tried to create a Frankenstein, and wore them a half dozen times and moved them on. i think they’re quirky-cool

miamidoc

Reaction score
that‘s correct, I got them after someone tried to create a Frankenstein, and wore them a half dozen times and moved them on. i think they’re quirky-cool
I’ll send you my FrankeNatty derbies next for you to further patina.
59B7104C-B862-4F96-8A3F-B5E8BC391CB1.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
My personal opinion on Victoria sole is never again. I dislike them so much I’m considering sending my two pair with that sole to Bedo’s for a proper JR and tip. Or a commando. Just not that damn Victoria. My foul weather boots have the Dainite-ish Carmina-equivalent.

I understand others may like it. But I find it hard as a rock (even after “break in”) and its looks like some ****** 80’s hair band designed a logo and slapped it on the bottom. Same with ridgeway, for that matter. Ug. Ly.

I’m in the minority here probably. Thanks for letting me vent.

They were actually designed by A Flock of Seagulls

46F12863-BC95-4798-8AFD-E98FAE8D41BE.jpeg

emptym

Reaction score
Guys, for sale posts are only permitted in the B&S section and a few exceptional threads. They are not permitted in this thread. We hate to time people out, but those who have been warned and continue to post things for sale here have and will be timed out.

yengli

Reaction score
Carmina offers these pair in a dark finished cordovan, anyone know if let’s say Armagnac or bourbon can be ordered dark finished? @Carmina

Attachments

• 9C5D8642-E750-4242-ACA5-2E4C23176DD6.png
    9C5D8642-E750-4242-ACA5-2E4C23176DD6.png
    306.3 KB · Views: 88

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads