• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gbandi

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I would like your opinion on a recent purchase. Just received the unlined horsebit loafer in navy.

The shoe fits well and the color is a great dark navy color.

I am concerned about the overall look of the shoe. I have a couple of ferragamo and AE bit loafers and they are longer And have Squarish toe. This one is very triangular, has a short tongue and larger bit. My wife commented that it looks more like a women’s shoe. I wonder if it will get much wear. I was planning to wear for evening/weekend occasions..

it also appears that the stitching on

Attachments

• FDDE7431-BA90-412B-9614-4A65E8346B8B.jpeg
    FDDE7431-BA90-412B-9614-4A65E8346B8B.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 54
  • FB0BD9E0-ED5E-4613-A902-DBFDF22AD7E6.jpeg
    FB0BD9E0-ED5E-4613-A902-DBFDF22AD7E6.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 968FA37E-B578-4837-BDDC-F403F85A66EC.jpeg
    968FA37E-B578-4837-BDDC-F403F85A66EC.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 57
  • F3AB3E84-C230-4AC6-8C15-8B68FF874628.jpeg
    F3AB3E84-C230-4AC6-8C15-8B68FF874628.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 0A2D19C5-6C3A-4E00-BE13-D6D74EE00C80.jpeg
    0A2D19C5-6C3A-4E00-BE13-D6D74EE00C80.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 142B1B42-DA99-4AE7-9407-E8574A136585.jpeg
    142B1B42-DA99-4AE7-9407-E8574A136585.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 6AA915CC-81CD-4263-9AF9-1C5B05DCC302.jpeg
    6AA915CC-81CD-4263-9AF9-1C5B05DCC302.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 94

gbandi

Reaction score
It Also appears that the stitching on the vamp is higher on the right shoe.

Attachments

• 2B2AFB07-5D31-4D90-AA8D-E1C926B5750F.jpeg
    2B2AFB07-5D31-4D90-AA8D-E1C926B5750F.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 105

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I would like your opinion on a recent purchase. Just received the unlined horsebit loafer in navy.

The shoe fits well and the color is a great dark navy color.

I am concerned about the overall look of the shoe. I have a couple of ferragamo and AE bit loafers and they are longer And have Squarish toe. This one is very triangular, has a short tongue and larger bit. My wife commented that it looks more like a women’s shoe. I wonder if it will get much wear. I was planning to wear for evening/weekend occasions..

it also appears that the stitching on
Does the Ferragamo you have are the typical mocassin? The ones that look more like a driving loafer? I don't see any issue with those Carmina, the Uetam last is a dressier last than the ones mentioned in my questions (in case you answered yes to them), that's why you see a rounder toe and slightly more elongated last.

I usually don't pair my Uetam lasted loafers with denim, I kinda picture them more with dress trousers or chinos.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have a good understanding on what the process is for: (i) Color 4; (ii) Amaretto? and (iii) the shell chelsea boots?

I have been on the waitlist for Color 4 and, per Sara's message from a few days ago, I am up in this round.

She then also said that Color 4 and Amaretto are no longer being limited:

I have also requested to be on the waitlist for amaretto going back a ways, but I have not been aware of an established waitlist for amaretto like there has been for color 4.

Is color 4 and amaretto only going to be available (without limitation) for this GMTO of cordovan chelsea boots, or is it going to be available for other orders too? If there is no limitation on color 4 ordering, why did it say that only 4 people got off the color 4 waitlist?

@Carmina any clarity here would be awesome, but all is very exciting! Thanks
I think @Carmina is going to provide all the info and a link in a post later this week, once all the details are finalised.

gbandi

Reaction score
Does the Ferragamo you have are the typical mocassin? The ones that look more like a driving loafer? I don't see any issue with those Carmina, the Uetam last is a dressier last than the ones mentioned in my questions (in case you answered yes to them), that's why you see a rounder toe and slightly more elongated last.

I usually don't pair my Uetam lasted loafers with denim, I kinda picture them more with dress trousers or chinos.
Thanks for the feedback. My ferragamos are moccasin like. I guess I haven’t worn similar shoes before. Do you wear them with shorts ever? Do you wear them sockless or with socks with trousers and chino?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Reaction score
My lizard cap toe shoes came today but the leather on the side looks very wrinkled. Is this normal? View attachment 1451514

It looks nothing like what they show on their website:
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/cdnassets/lizard_oxford_carmina_80197_ladl-2.jpg
UPDATE: So this is the reply I got from carmina today

"
Thank you for your email. We would like to kindly remind you our outlet or sale shoes are single pairs that have not been sold in our stores for a couple or seasons in our stores and are sold in our sale/outlet section at lower prices. Therefore the quality of outlet shoes could be slightly lower that our main collection.
We do not have another pair in stock, but we can offer you a 10% discount for your next order for your trouble"

There was literally no information whatsoever that shoes sold on the summer sale were of a lesser quality.
I am shocked, I got butchered shoes and all they offer me is a 10% discount on a future purchase?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE: So this is the reply I got from carmina today

"
Thank you for your email. We would like to kindly remind you our outlet or sale shoes are single pairs that have not been sold in our stores for a couple or seasons in our stores and are sold in our sale/outlet section at lower prices. Therefore the quality of outlet shoes could be slightly lower that our main collection.
We do not have another pair in stock, but we can offer you a 10% discount for your next order for your trouble"

There was literally no information whatsoever that shoes sold on the summer sale were of a lesser quality.
I am shocked, I got butchered shoes and all they offer me is a 10% discount on a future purchase?

We'll offer a remake immediately, sorry for our internal miscommunication.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon gentlemen,

As promised, our NEW STYLEFORUM GMTO is now live!

We have various options, please read carefully and make as many questions as you need.

Firstly, the much-awaited Cordovan Chelsea boot is back for a limited amount of time.

We suggest four Chelsea models with various boot shat heights. Simply use the comment box if you’d like a different Chelsea model.
For your reference, these are the different Chelsea models side by side. More details below.

DSC_9150_pq.jpg

You’ll be able to place orders for the cordovan Chelsea boots online here, (customisation fee already waived).
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/styleforum

Secondly, preorders on rare Shell Cordovan colours.

We are opening preorders for colour 4 and amaretto Horween Shell Cordovan only while the GMTO is open. Orders for these particular leathers will have extended delivery times (1-2 months + 45 days, our usual manufacturing lead time).

You can select any model in these rare colours.

Please send us a DM via styleforum with a screenshot of the make you’d like in these leathers and we will prepare a code for you which will waive the customisation fee.

GMTO closing the 30th September.

Have fun!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Secondly, preorders on rare Shell Cordovan colours.

We are opening preorders for colour 4 and amaretto Horween Shell Cordovan only while the GMTO is open. Orders for these particular leathers will have extended delivery times (1-2 months + 45 days, our usual manufacturing lead time).

You can select any model in these rare colours.

@Carmina - Just to clarify, when you say "any model in these rare colours" - do you mean "any model of the four styles of chelsea boots"? Or do you mean "any model of Carmina shoes or boots"?

I'm pretty sure that you mean the chelsea boots only, but I thought I'd check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads