• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is unbelievable. Maybe they were the 9UK that are supposed to come my way, which i still haven't heard anything about.

My guess is Kirby doesn't run another GMTO given how this one went...
He couldn’t organise a piss up in brewery ?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he’s on the forum now, in the bespoke shoe thread whining about fit or something. He has time to surf the forums, but he’s piss poor on communicating an MTO he organized and ran into the ground. Figures
Bone idle. He probably thought the MTO would make him some money for doing next to nothing. But, as Mr Buffett says, there’s no such thing as a free lunch ?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only now realize the benefit of paying with PayPal. I have not received any notifications about the shipment. I opened the dispute and I will see what happens.
@stephenaf2003 I am sorry about your experience, I ordered wide width. We will see what happens.
I have had a really good experience with ordering from KA until now. This all has been one unfortunate mess.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only now realize the benefit of paying with PayPal. I have not received any notifications about the shipment. I opened the dispute and I will see what happens.
@stephenaf2003 I am sorry about your experience, I ordered wide width. We will see what happens.
I have had a really good experience with ordering from KA until now. This all has been one unfortunate mess.
Best go direct to Carnina and cut out the middle man. I’m sure if there was enough interest, carmina would have run anMTO using the Russian leather.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best go direct to Carnina and cut out the middle man. I’m sure if there was enough interest, carmina would have run anMTO using the Russian leather.

probably not as popular as shell and still at a very large upcharge though.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably not as popular as shell and still at a very large upcharge though.
No idea what the cost was. But from what I’ve read / heard, the Russian grain is more expensive than standard calf leather.

adrs1157

Reaction score
3 years old boots. Worn-in, ridiculously soft, well maintained aged cordovan. Absolutely beautiful. These are the years I am happy to have invested in a pair of Carmina cordovans.

Only maintenance is I refinished the edges last winter with some black dressing and clear resolene. And the odd application of renovateur, maybe twice a year?

20200818_194023.jpg

20200818_194108.jpg

20200818_194058.jpg

Phoenician

Reaction score
Please post a link to that thread. Thank you!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet, I’ll give ka a chance to redeem themselves. They sent me a return label already, so hopefully there will be a happy ending.

miamidoc

Reaction score
The 2 week clock Kirby had to respond to my dispute with PayPal ran out today.

Paypal kindly refunded my money in full hours later.

The shoes look mighty tasty now that they are arriving. But it wasn’t looking good there for a while.... But seriously. Couldn’t they have called and convinced me to keep my order? An email? Whatever.

Now I have $700 in boot currency to contemplate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads