• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
When will splattered leather trend end? It all started well (usually does) with subtle 'museum', 'antique' leather patterns and slowly descended into blotchy camouflage look.

P.S. I wear shell boots all Summer long with tweed pants. When it gets warmer I roll up the pants to my knees to fashion them as tweed shorts. I am sweating, but I work from home.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Burdeos oxfords

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beauties! What size did you choose for the Buger last compared to other Carmina lasts?

Haha this.
7.5... and the fit is snug. The Buger is narrow, but the instep is comfortably high. Unlike the Simpson, which is narrow and low.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
My 'Calways', ordered from the fee-waived introduction offering.

Actually, they arrived ages ago (on-time according to the estimation) ... but since I became so busy since the pandemic broke out (well, you haven't seen me in a long while), I just have them sitting around in the boxes for a long while .... only have time to unbox them during the last weekend .....

On the left: Rubi Shell + Russian Calf (special offer by Sara). Robert last. Double sole with chestnut edge. York sole.

On the right: Green Shell + Loden Suede. Soller last. Double sole with chestnut edge. Victoria sole.

They came out spectacularly good. The Russian Calf matches the Rubi Shell much better than I initially thought/hoped for. Really like them.

DSCF5337.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, they arrived ages ago (on-time according to the estimation) ... but since I became so busy since the pandemic broke out (well, you haven't seen me in a long while), I just have them sitting around in the boxes for a long while .... only have time to unbox them during the last weekend .....

On the left: Rubi Shell + Russian Calf (special offer by Sara). Robert last. Double sole with chestnut edge. York sole.

On the right: Green Shell + Loden Suede. Soller last. Double sole with chestnut edge. Victoria sole.

They came out spectacularly good. The Russian Calf matches the Rubi Shell much better than I initially thought/hoped for. Really like them.

View attachment 1442811
You’ve got some crazy stuff, but these two are exquisitely conceived, and executed gems!:worship:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1442811

These look incredible.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1442811
These are superb, probably my favorite Calways thus far. I like the fact that you went for material and shell color not available from EG, and your choices make your boots truly standout.

Last edited:

officine

Reaction score

View attachment 1442811
10608a76-d222-42b1-a339-546f187093f2_text_hi.gif

ErPupone4

Reaction score

View attachment 1442811
Awesome boots! I'm going to need to see more pictures of those rubi shell/russian calf boots!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads