• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Well according to KA, the shoes are shipping tomorrow. Labels are printed and pickup is scheduled. Fingers crossed we'll have some new boot pictures to post soon!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well according to KA, the shoes are shipping tomorrow. Labels are printed and pickup is scheduled. Fingers crossed we'll have some new boot pictures to post soon!
Thanks for the update!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Short wings.

VaNeT

Reaction score
Guys, do you have any secrets how to pull out Carmina's lasted shoe trees from Calway boots? I have very big difficulty to do that even when I almost get laces out, I think I make more creases by trying to pull trees out than I will do by wearing boots.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, do you have any secrets how to pull out Carmina's lasted shoe trees from Calway boots? I have very big difficulty to do that even when I almost get laces out, I think I make more creases by trying to pull trees out than I will do by wearing boots.
Sounds like the shoe trees are too big.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Mine were initially tight but fit perfectly.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Should I try to avoid getting super invulner on brass hardware when spraying suede boots, or no impact? Thanks.

officine

Reaction score
Should I try to avoid getting super invulner on brass hardware when spraying suede boots, or no impact? Thanks.
I wouldn't worry about it. I've never had any issues. Wipe off any excess on the hardware if you feel the need.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the KA / Carmina GMTO saga: I'll believe it when I see it. I called Carmina customer service at beginning of July. I got a call back on July 9th saying everything was complete. After several weeks I emailed KA again and was given the same basic story - everything is done and they should be shipping out. Everything was supposedly done a month ago. So, it's hard for me to believe KA's customer service. They've been telling me it's going to ship out in the next week for the last 2 months. On the plus side, it's summer anyway and my job has me working remote during the pandemic so the boots would just be sitting in my closet anyway. Hopefully this time KA is telling the truth and they really are shipping out but I'll believe it when I have a tracking number.

miamidoc

Reaction score
Just to add to the KA / Carmina GMTO saga: I'll believe it when I see it. I called Carmina customer service at beginning of July. I got a call back on July 9th saying everything was complete. After several weeks I emailed KA again and was given the same basic story - everything is done and they should be shipping out. Everything was supposedly done a month ago. So, it's hard for me to believe KA's customer service. They've been telling me it's going to ship out in the next week for the last 2 months. On the plus side, it's summer anyway and my job has me working remote during the pandemic so the boots would just be sitting in my closet anyway. Hopefully this time KA is telling the truth and they really are shipping out but I'll believe it when I have a tracking number.
I opened a paypal dispute. I’m done with it. It’s one thing to blame Carmina, but KA should be providing Sovereign Grade customer service in this time when everyone is hurting for business.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads