• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SRV

Reaction score
After some beautiful transformation, the result is very spectacular! The only thing I would say is the pulling tab were in “natural” colour and it would make a lot more sense if they are to match with the elastic instead. Sadly there wasn’t an option to pick colour in the custom tool so the default I got by Carmina was the natural colour.

View attachment 1431907 View attachment 1431908 View attachment 1431909 View attachment 1431910 View attachment 1431911
Wow! Thing of beauty! Work of Art.. Spectacular work. Enjoy them in good health.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What this thread needs are some Calways ... But wait - what is that knock at the door? Well strike me down with a feathered welt - if it isn't a delivery from Spain! A total surprise as (i) the order is still showing (after 56 days) online as "in production", and (ii) more importantly, I was expecting first to get a call from Chinese customs with a request to pay import tax/duties. The shoe (or boot) gods were obviously smiling on me today.

So here are the key details: Oscar last/tramuntana double sole/ brown karengrain with loden suede. I asked in the notes for all blind eyelets if possible - and clearly it was. I haven't figured out yet what to do with the lacing - could go full balmoral by not threading through the tongue, or keep that and go with mixed lacing. Decisions, decisions.

It's really hard by the way to capture the color of the loden suede - as can be seen in the montage image below it looks different under different lighting. I was actually quite surprised that the color is more of a rich deep green - very happy in any case with these, though I'll need to wait a while to give them a proper outing given the current leather-glue melting temperatures here in Beijing.

As a footnote, many thanks to the members on here, and I think in particular George Red, who got this project on its feet. I only casually dipped back into to this thread toward the end of last year after some absence (my last Carmina-related post before was more than 5 years ago...) - looks like my timing was impeccable :)

View attachment 1431826

View attachment 1431830
This one (below) captures the color of the loden suede best (at least in this indoor near-window lighting)
View attachment 1431831

View attachment 1431832
AMAAAAAAAAZING BOOOTS, MAN. ????

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After some beautiful transformation, the result is very spectacular! The only thing I would say is the pulling tab were in “natural” colour and it would make a lot more sense if they are to match with the elastic instead. Sadly there wasn’t an option to pick colour in the custom tool so the default I got by Carmina was the natural colour.

View attachment 1431907 View attachment 1431908 View attachment 1431909 View attachment 1431910 View attachment 1431911

This, my friends, is what we call ART.

Blastwice

Reaction score
IMG_27.JPG

Some aged cordovan today.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Has everyone received the Calway? Didn’t seem many pictures posted was all, come on fellas let’s see them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads