• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here are some better pics (dusk - not ideal lighting), also a good shot of XIM compared to Sineu.
7E44E6D7-CC0D-446B-9B94-B921DC72F2A2.jpeg
F0F8A8A2-92E3-4A2C-B931-B46C38899CF6.jpeg

Qayyum

Reaction score
Inspired by @DL120, I just received these from Steve at Gentlemen’s Footwear. I’m always impressed by @Carmina, but damn. Apologies for the absolute **** pictures, but it’s raining hard outside and don’t want to risk these getting wet. Now, let me opine on the Sineu last. My thoughts:

1) The heel is immaculate. Cups the rear part of your foot firmly into place and, because it’s unlined, there’s absolutely no stiffness. Absolute perfection;

2) The arch curves in far more than the Rain, Forest or Oscar lasts. In effect, the waist tapers in substantially and there’s plenty of arch support.

3) I measured the length of the soles and the widest parts. Sineu is virtually identical to Forest, only one or two millimeters off. What does change, however, is that there’s less room in the toe box because Sineu tapers more acutely than Forest. Additionally, Sineu has a shorter toe box than Forest. If these were lined, they may not have fit.

Overall, I’m pleased with my purchase.
View attachment 1421962 View attachment 1421964
well done. I ordered this pair too ... because of the beautiful DL120 photos. Looking forward to receiving them and trying this unlined shell.

DL120

Reaction score
well done. I ordered this pair too ... because of the beautiful DL120 photos. Looking forward to receiving them and trying this unlined shell.
So cool. Love being able to help ?

Qayyum

Reaction score
So cool. Love being able to help ?
luckily I have the will, otherwise I will also have to buy the Carmina double monk in blue shell. besides, they are in my basket?
continue your work, it is very beautiful to see. thank you.

DL120

Reaction score
luckily I have the will, otherwise I will also have to buy the Carmina double monk in blue shell. besides, they are in my basket?
continue your work, it is very beautiful to see. thank you.
Have to MTO it to get the vintage brass buckle! The black edge is ok, but the silver buckle is definitely not as complimentary as the vintage brass

Qayyum

Reaction score
Have to MTO it to get the vintage brass buckle! The black edge is ok, but the silver buckle is definitely not as complimentary as the vintage brass
good advice. I also wonder, if the Inca last is not too sharp?

DL120

Reaction score
good advice. I also wonder, if the Inca last is not too sharp?
I don’t think it is. It’s one of my favorite lasts from carmina. But obviously the fit and style choice is up to everyone to choose their own

Qayyum

Reaction score
I don’t think it is. It’s one of my favorite lasts from carmina. But obviously the fit and style choice is up to everyone to choose their own
I will try the Inca last on another double monk and then I will take the plunge

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Indeed, @DL120’s pictured put me over the edge. Just glad they fit.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina x America’s cobbler mash up ?. Had them resoled to a natural double JR with triumph toe plates. View attachment 1422367 View attachment 1422368
I drool every time I see these boots on your IG account. Amaretto is probably my favorite shell color. I have a couple of pairs of Amaretto boots, and will get another if/when the color's available again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads