• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
IME the heel is tighter yes, the instep not lower, it’s more forgiving, I.e more generous but with a slightly narrower waist width, and arch.

that said, it’s hard to compare lasts across models as models strongly influence how the last will feel and fit. Comparing a rain lasted derby or Oxford against a Sineu loafer is apples and oranges. Because top line height, low vamp vs high vamp, full vs half strap, and same for a derby or Oxford will all influence how that last feels on your foot.

but generally speaking, what I outlined in the last posts will sing true across for most

Your comparison is actually very helpful, thanks! I've never tried sineu but I do know how forest and rain fit. When you say the waist is narrower are you referring to the forest or rain?

DL120

Reaction score
Your comparison is actually very helpful, thanks! I've never tried sineu but I do know how forest and rain fit. When you say the waist is narrower are you referring to the forest or rain?
Both. It’s almost reminds me of an orthopedic fit. Very tight secure heel, narrow waist creating strong arch support, but TTS length, width middle of rain and forest, toe, width about forest and vamp and toe volume like rain. And instep, and a bit more generous than both because of the tight waist creating and large area to secure and lock down the foot. Like a wide waist, let’s your foot pronate, this keeps the foot properly set, and the generous instep creates more room to hold your arch and lock in the foot.

hopefully that makes sense.

Ventanaman

Reaction score
I hope you're right. I'll provide insight to the #CarminaCrew regarding the Sineu last relative to Forest (won't discuss Rain because I hate it and wish it didn't exist).
I would be great if they offered Sineu in EEE width! Even if only for MTO.

officine

Reaction score
How does Rain D compare to classic Rain and Simpson?
The heel approximates the Simpson, the vamp/instep is slightly more relaxed than the Simpson. Regarding the toe area, on two of my Rain Ds the toe box is more relaxed than Simpson, but on the third it is just as tight. As they were all MTO'ed, I'm not quite sure which toe box configuration is most accurate.

I guess the best way to summarize it is that it allows you enjoy a Simpson like fit without having to go up the 1/2 size.

VaNeT

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in asking Carmina to lower price in custom declaration to avoid import duty? :)

officine

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in asking Carmina to lower price in custom declaration to avoid import duty? :)
Are you located in the US? If so, you will not receive any import duty. If you do let them know and they will correct.

If living in another jurisdiction where this may be an issue, I'm reasonably certain they will not artificially adjust declared pricing to accommodate.

VaNeT

Reaction score
Are you located in the US? If so, you will not receive any import duty. If you do let them know and they will correct.

If living in another jurisdiction where this may be an issue, I'm reasonably certain they will not artificially adjust declared pricing to accommodate.
Nope, I'm living in Belarus. We have to pay 15% duty of excess of 22 euros. Thank you for your reply. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads