• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We got the same model of NST! Ain’t it cool? Congrats!
Yup, I'm a fan. This model was inspired by a Vass shoe with the apron and split toe sewn by the same shop that makes the Dover (sadly, Vass isn't a great fit for me). I messaged Sara > a year ago to see if they had a model other than 757 and 80414 and she dug this out of the vault. I noticed they added it to the custom tool - I'll be ordering at least one more.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes, absolutely stunning!
I have an off topic question that someone may be able and willing to address, however; does Carmina still offer the hinged shoe trees? They both display both spring and hinged on the website. And I noticed both in some of these recent posts, but was wondering. Also, does anyone even care about the differences?

See my post from earlier this year: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...eviews-advice-sizing-etc.241469/post-10083362

I like the hinged trees but you really have to dial in fit. Functionally, the differences are minor to miniscule.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Russian grain (if available) for the upper, polo suede for the shaft, flat welt, double York. I’d place that order today if I could.

I was searching for a different post and noted a post I made regarding the Calway in February. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to show y'all whether I was blowing smoke or not.

miamidoc

Reaction score
Second pair. Forest “University of Miami Football” oxford. Laces kinda look reddish but they are orange.
78488241-F7B9-4453-8BAE-1E9FAF69F679.jpeg

BE68D848-AA80-4FF7-B719-062BB4E9EA8E.jpeg

D7F1A9B7-1CA5-47ED-BB6C-DAC7AA3A9D6F.jpeg

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Will Mallorca Artista line be eating into Carmina business, they are the same Co. afterall? I would not be surprised if Carmina raise prices soon.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will Mallorca Artista line be eating into Carmina business, they are the same Co. afterall? I would not be surprised if Carmina raise prices soon.

this comes up a lot but they aren’t the same company....none of them are although they are obviously closely situated.

I am also skeptical of the degree that Carmina can raise prices much further...They’re already well over 500$ in the US if you buy direct and for me getting pretty close to more premium offerings....

(esp with the VAT benefit one has with many brands ordering into the US)

Kudu08

Reaction score
Carmina have more lasts,styles and options. Artista will eat up some base models not all. Raises prices to compete with G&G etc? That wont end well for them.

BomTrady

Reaction score
Thank you very much!
Btw, I ordered the hinged trees and was told they don’t sell them anymore. That’s a dubious claim. In fact, I was engaged in quite a contentious back-and-forth exchange w/Carmina about the trees. Both types are still on the website.

Does anyone have a contact at Carmina with whom I confirm this? I

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, I ordered the hinged trees and was told they don’t sell them anymore. That’s a dubious claim. In fact, I was engaged in quite a contentious back-and-forth exchange w/Carmina about the trees. Both types are still on the website.

Does anyone have a contact at Carmina with whom I confirm this? I
Try Ioana via email or Sara on here. Both are brilliant. I have the hinges ones in my rain shoes. For me, they only seem to work in rain loafers but not rain derbies. Weird ??‍♂️ Going forward, I’m sticking with springed ones. There was mention last year of lasted shoe trees. But nothing has come of it.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You go around bashing other brands like Carmina, Bonafe and other mid price range makers only to promote TLB. Your tactics are exposed, cheap and lame at the same time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads