• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, phenomenal. This will make everyone forget about all the "defective" shoe posts lately. I can't wait for mine to arrive. going on 32 business days.
I’ve just received shipping notification too and it was a little outside the 30 days - it’s the only order that missed their 30 day quote. I’m not complaining, as all previous 6 pairs were shipped within 30 calendar days.....ridiculously fast.
Looking forward to seeing if they could decipher my requests in the comments section - ‘twas before the Calway GMTO announcement and I ordered the 80184 Jumper with all the attributes I wanted, but specified the Calway pattern in the comments.
Sara helped tidy it up.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What exactly is saddle cordovan? how does it compare to natural or bourbon?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Seems Carmina stock these as have on an item for sale for the gent who was asking the other day.
6A84D1E0-B7D5-4234-B943-AE2DDCC3467F.jpeg

ivancream

Reaction score
Two MTO pairs arrived today, and I couldn’t be more pleased. Here are the specs of both (comments redacted):
View attachment 1399521 View attachment 1399523

Overall impressions? Holy ****. Impeccable. The shoes are sublime, from the depth and suppleness of the leather, to the finishing details on the soles. I’m particularly fond of the derby’s JR soles with toe plates and full rubber heel (you can request this makeup in the comments and Carmina will execute it at no additional charge). Interestingly, while both are brown vegano, the derby is a darker, richer shade. It’s a very deep brown with slight hints of mahogany red). Here’s some pics (tried to capture indoor and outdoor lighting).

View attachment 1399526 View attachment 1399527 View attachment 1399528 View attachment 1399529 View attachment 1399530 View attachment 1399531
View attachment 1399532
Those derbys are a MVP. My next purcharse will be something similar but in suede. I’m still trying to decide the last ( forest or queens) . Someone familiar with Queen last? Any recommendations?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two MTO pairs arrived today, and I couldn’t be more pleased. Here are the specs of both (comments redacted):
View attachment 1399521 View attachment 1399523

Overall impressions? Holy ****. Impeccable. The shoes are sublime, from the depth and suppleness of the leather, to the finishing details on the soles. I’m particularly fond of the derby’s JR soles with toe plates and full rubber heel (you can request this makeup in the comments and Carmina will execute it at no additional charge). Interestingly, while both are brown vegano, the derby is a darker, richer shade. It’s a very deep brown with slight hints of mahogany red). Here’s some pics (tried to capture indoor and outdoor lighting).

View attachment 1399526 View attachment 1399527 View attachment 1399528 View attachment 1399529 View attachment 1399530 View attachment 1399531
View attachment 1399532
Cracking shoes ? I do love a pair of NST. I’ve got a Navy suede pair incoming. Already got a brown suede and snuff suede pair. Carnina do a lovely NST..

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cracking shoes ? I do love a pair of NST. I’ve got a Navy suede pair incoming. Already got a brown suede and snuff suede pair. Carnina do a lovely NST..
How do you plan to pair the navy? Been on the fence for a while trying to decide between navy, loden or neither.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you plan to pair the navy? Been on the fence for a while trying to decide between navy, loden or neither.
Navy I wear with denim or olive chinos. I have them on the sineu last, so more smart casual. I have the loden too on a chukka. Again jeans and also tan chinos. I’d recommend both colours. Something a bit different without looking wacky ?

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
What exactly is saddle cordovan? how does it compare to natural or bourbon?
Saddle is a bit more golden brown. See below for a photo of my jumper boots (saddle shell) next to my bourbon shell double monks. Now I will say, when these were new, they were pretty mush indistinguishable. Now that they’re both roughly a year old, they have both gotten darker but the saddle has developed into more of a chestnut brown while the bourbon is more of a straight brown. The lighting is bad so neither color shows up that well here, but the bourbon almost has a tiny tough of green in it, whereas the saddle has more orange/gold hues.
826017F1-3B15-420F-A262-CF2BB70DF551.jpeg

Ken McGregor

Reaction score
First pair, Rain UK 10.5 and too tight clearly :/ I'm assuming it will never stretch with that wide of a V. I'll have to return them, and I don't think the EEE Rain will fit either as it looks much too wide, thoughts?
20200603_124323.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads