• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harlequin782

Reaction score
Everyone getting their MTO and I’m at day 38. Still no shipping confirmation meh

Same here...I think its pretty clear that the 30 (business) day timeframe was just a marketing tactic used to entice people to purchase in hopes of a quick turnaround time. But I dont really expect to mine actually be shipped until the 45-60 day mark.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here...I think its pretty clear that the 30 (business) day timeframe was just a marketing tactic used to entice people to purchase in hopes of a quick turnaround time. But I dont really expect to mine actually be shipped until the 45-60 day mark.

ADDE29A7-58DB-4729-865D-54C54B3CEF86.gif

mugenlove

Reaction score
@Carmina Forgot if I was added to it or not, but may I be added to the amaretto and any other rare shell lists. Thank you!

DrGearTronic

Reaction score
Being a doctor in NYC during the pandemic has presented many challenges to say the least. Having to go to bathroom every couple hours to take mask of and drink a bottle of water or two while wearing the hazmat style white jumpsuits when the pandemic peaked to avoid dehydration not the least among them. Still having to wear my mask everyday, but now that things have settled down a bit, finally able to start wearing some of my favorite shoes again. Handling with gloves on when I get home and putting each pair in semi-quarantine for a few days after each wear. Not at a point where I can wear my dress clothes yet, but decided to get back on my shoe game even if I’m wearing them with scrubs. Last nights shift I was sporting one of my favorite pair of Carminas.
Natural shell cordovan; Robert last.

Attachments

• 6D5915DD-B513-447E-8B57-A1BEB617A2C9.jpeg
    6D5915DD-B513-447E-8B57-A1BEB617A2C9.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 331AC4A5-2B2E-43C8-9227-860EB269A45E.jpeg
    331AC4A5-2B2E-43C8-9227-860EB269A45E.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 47521200-9AEE-4CAC-86D0-D68B7F4CE135.png
    47521200-9AEE-4CAC-86D0-D68B7F4CE135.png
    1 MB · Views: 75

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Being a doctor in NYC during the pandemic has presented many challenges to say the least. Having to go to bathroom every couple hours to take mask of and drink a bottle of water or two while wearing the hazmat style white jumpsuits when the pandemic peaked to avoid dehydration not the least among them. Still having to wear my mask everyday, but now that things have settled down a bit, finally able to start wearing some of my favorite shoes again. Handling with gloves on when I get home and putting each pair in semi-quarantine for a few days after each wear. Not at a point where I can wear my dress clothes yet, but decided to get back on my shoe game even if I’m wearing them with scrubs. Last nights shift I was sporting one of my favorite pair of Carminas.
Top work that man.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Am thinking of doing an MTO of a burgundy Cordovan derby longwing, similar to the iconic Alden Longwing color 8. I'm having trouble finding similar RTW shoes with rubber outsoles and buying Alden from Europe is prohibitively expensive.

1. Do you think the Rain last would fit such a derby longwing? It's the only last I have personal experience with, so I'm hesitant to try another last and risk poor fit.
2. Single or double Dainite?
3. Or maybe even York? Pros and cons of York vs Dainite?
4. Blind eyelets seems like the best option?
5. Stormwelt? I'd rather do without since I don't really think it's needed for bad weather and reduces the sleekness.

Thanks.

Edit: I see that, for some reason, the Rain last isn't available when choosing the longwing template.

Last edited:

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my order from February 12th...

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Let me be the first to say (here at least)... Thank you!!

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome shoes...and THANK YOU for your services!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - these new loafers are fucky-fucky (anyone over 30, that means "cool"). Does anybody have anything in Carmina's relatively new "pompei finish"? I'm also worried about how the Forest last would fit on a loafer relative to a lace-up. Think it'd be different? I really like these.

officine

Reaction score
Wow - these new loafers are fucky-fucky (anyone over 30, that means "cool"). Does anybody have anything in Carmina's relatively new "pompei finish"? I'm also worried about how the Forest last would fit on a loafer relative to a lace-up. Think it'd be different? I really like these.

Pompei --

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads