• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with unlined shoes especially in summer Is it worth it, or is it not really that different?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with unlined shoes especially in summer Is it worth it, or is it not really that different?
I have the c&j milton. Incredibly comfortable and light. Perfect for summer. But, be warend, they stretch like mad and lose their shape.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's really the weight where you'll notice the difference, so if you want much lighter shoes (weightwise) go for unlined.

CMR16

Reaction score
I've got a couple pairs of Carmina Kudu Suede loafers on their XIM last that are unlined. Insanely light but like Zag37 mentioned they do stretch rather quickly. But on these 90° days they are nice option to have.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple pairs of Carmina Kudu Suede loafers on their XIM last that are unlined. Insanely light but like Zag37 mentioned they do stretch rather quickly. But on these 90° days they are nice option to have.
Kudu stretches a lot too? I always thought Kudu was less stretchy. My Milton boots are suede. I’ve got a leather pair too. They’ve stretched a lot. But not as much as the suede.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kudu stretches a lot too? I always thought Kudu was less stretchy. My Milton boots are suede. I’ve got a leather pair too. They’ve stretched a lot. But not as much as the suede.
Kudu is really soft, I have lots of Trickers versions.

CMR16

Reaction score
Out-of-the-box they were like a glove, but with wear they have loosened up a bit. Nothing drastic, but noticeable. There isn't anything in the way of heel slippage or loss of shape. They act more in the way of calf when it comes to stretch, at least in my experience.
Kudu is really soft, I have lots of Trickers versions.
Amazingly soft. Mainly worried about keeping them clean and soft.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out-of-the-box they were like a glove, but with wear they have loosened up a bit. Nothing drastic, but noticeable. There isn't anything in the way of heel slippage or loss of shape. They act more in the way of calf when it comes to stretch, at least in my experience.

Amazingly soft. Mainly worried about keeping them clean and soft.
I’ll have to consider kudu in the future. Unfortunately, Carmina don’t offer it on their mto tool.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to consider kudu in the future. Unfortunately, Carmina don’t offer it on their mto tool.
I made some Santos ones last year for the shop, kept a pair. Absolutely stunning and unique leather. The scars give it SO much character. Soft and extremely durable too as it was meant to be in the nature. You won't regret getting a pair in this leather.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made some Santos ones last year for the shop, kept a pair. Absolutely stunning and unique leather. The scars give it SO much character. Soft and extremely durable too as it was meant to be in the nature. You won't regret getting a pair in this leather.
?

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the vast majority of people, spending more than a couple of hundred dollars on a pair of shoes - let alone having multiple pairs of expensive shoes - is pretty crazy.
Let alone those that have multiple pairs of exactly the same boot in different colours - those guys are absolutely nutz!
I need help...... :p

Kimistry

Reaction score
hey guys, I was hoping someone had some experience on this that could help give me some advice.I bought a pair of loafers in the Geneva last. They fit me well without any socks, but when I wear no-show socks, they're a little tight. I tried sizing up .5, but they end up being too big. Should I wear them with socks and suffer through it hoping that they'll stretch out a bit? Can't return them anymore so wondering whether I'm just stuck wearing them without socks which I prefer not to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads