• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

officine

Reaction score
Ok, fellow addicts, here is the state of the shoe collection as requested by some. Apologies for the amount of thread space I'm about to take up and for the less than great quality of the pics. It would take too long to do close-ups of each shoe.

If a brand is not indicated it is Carmina.

The Oxfords
IMG_9374.JPG

Top Row from L-R: Edward Green Dark Oak Captoe (82), Black Boxcalf Quarter Brogue Captoe (Rain), Tan & Bone Vitello Spectators (Simpson), Polo Suede Captoe (Rain D)

Middle Row from L-R: Black Wholecut Cordovan (Rain), Cognac Full Brogue Cordovan Wingtip (Rain), Burdeo Full Brogue Cordovan Wingtip (Rain)

Bottom Row from L-R: Tan Vegano Full brogue Wingtip (Rain), Tan Grain Semi Brogue Captoe (Simpson), Midbrown Vegano Blind Wingtip (Rain D)

The Derbys
IMG_9359.JPG

Top Row from L-R: Alden Natural Chromexcel Longwing (Barrie), Alden Navy Unlined PTB (Barrie)

Middle Row: Edward Green Dover Dark Oak Split Toe (606)

Bottom from L-R: Chestnut Karangrein Split Toe (Rain D), Green Vegano 3-Eyelet Derby (Simpson)

The Monk Straps
IMG_9365.JPG

Top from L-R: Burdeo Shell Cordovan Double Monks (Philadelphia), Cognac Shell Cordovan Double Monks (Philadlphia)

Bottom from L-R: Pompei Vegano (Deia), Brown Vegano (Deia), Black Boxcalf (Simpson)

The Loafers and Slip-Ons
IMG_9388.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

Top from L-R: Santoni Black Deerskin Penny blake construction, Santoni Burgundy Penny blake construction, Harry’s of London Brown Kudu Tassel

Second Row L-R: Cognac Calf Unlined String Loafer blake construction (Uetam), White Karangrein Unlined Bit Loafer blake construction (Uetam), Snuff Suede String with Tassels (Uetam), Navy Suede Full-Strap Penny (Uetam)

Third Row L-R: Brown Crocodile Braided Tassel (Uetam), Rubi Cordovan Half-Lined Penny (Uetam), Brown Vegano Full-Strap Penny (Uetam)

Bottom from L-R: Polo Suede Braided Tassel (Uetam), Brown Suede Penny (Simpson), Brown Lama Calf Venetian with contrast stitching (Uetam)

IMG_9380.JPG

L-R: Brooks Brothers Cotton Slippers, Dark Cognac Cordovan Side Gusset Quarter Brogue (Rain D), Black Rusticalf Slip On (Simpson)

...and finally....

The Boots
IMG_9352.JPG

Top from L-R: C&J Chestnut Grain Coniston Captoe Derby Boot (341), Meermin Dark Brown Waxy Calf Plain Toe Derby (Hiro), Alden Natural Chromexcel Indy (TruBalance)

Middle from L-R: C&J Brown Tetbury Chukka (348), Alden Brown Unlined Chukka (Leydon)

Bottom from L-R: Cognac Calf Chelsea (Simpson), Brown Suede Chukka (Detroit), Black Jodhpur (Alcudia)

The Shell Cordovan
IMG_9400.JPG

These where featured in the prior pictures, but I feel that shell merits its own space. Btw, I'm selling the burgundy double monks and cognac wingtip to make space (wife's orders) for two incoming MTOs. Please message me if interested.

So what am I missing to put this obsession to rest? The incoming Carmina MTOs - who knows when they can be fulfilled at this juncture - are a Calway boot in brown vegano & dark brown karengrein, and an Austerity Brogue in burgundy vegano (both in Rain D).

Suggestions and questions are welcome.

Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, fellow addicts, here is the state of the shoe collection as requested by some. Apologies for the amount of thread space I'm about to take up and for the less than great quality of the pics. It would take too long to do close-ups of each shoe.

The Oxfords
View attachment 1363643

Top Row from L-R: Edward Green Dark Oak Captoe (82), Black Boxcalf Quarter Brogue Captoe (Rain), Tan & Bone Vitello Spectators (Simpson), Polo Suede Captoe (Rain D)

Middle Row from L-R: Black Wholecut Cordovan (Rain), Cognac Full Brogue Cordovan Wingtip (Rain), Burdeo Full Brogue Cordovan Wingtip (Rain)

Bottom Row from L-R: Tan Vegano Full brogue Wingtip (Rain), Tan Grain Semi Brogue Captoe (Simpson), Midbrown Vegano Blind Wingtip (Rain D)

The Derbys
View attachment 1363646

Top Row from L-R: Alden Natural Chromexcel Longwing (Barrie), Alden Navy Unlined PTB (Barrie)

Bottom from L-R: Chestnut Karangrein Split Toe (Rain D), Green Vegano 3-Eyelet Derby (Simpson)

The Monk Straps
View attachment 1363647

Top from L-R: Burdeo Shell Cordovan Double Monks (Philadelphia), Cognac Shell Cordovan Double Monks (Philadlphia)

Bottom from L-R: Pompei Vegano (Deia), Brown Vegano (Deia), Black Boxcalf (Simpson)

The Loafers and Slip-Ons
View attachment 1363649
View attachment 1363650

Top from L-R: Santoni Black Deerskin Penny blake construction, Santoni Burgundy Penny blake construction, Harry’s of London Brown Kudu Tassel

Second Row L-R: Cognac Calf Unlined String Loafer blake construction (Uetam), White Karangrein Unlined Bit Loafer blake construction (Uetam), Snuff Suede String with Tassels (Uetam), Navy Suede Full-Strap Penny (Uetam)

Third Row L-R: Brown Crocodile Braided Tassel (Uetam), Rubi Cordovan Half-Lined Penny (Uetam), Brown Vegano Full-Strap Penny (Uetam)

Bottom from L-R: Polo Suede Braided Tassel (Uetam), Brown Suede Penny (Simpson), Brown Lama Calf Venetian with contrast stitching (Uetam)

View attachment 1363658

L-R: Brooks Brothers Cotton Slippers, Dark Cognac Cordovan Side Gusset Quarter Brogue (Rain D), Black Rusticalf Slip On (Simpson)

...and finally....

The Boots
View attachment 1363659

Top from L-R: C&J Chestnut Grain Coniston Captoe Derby Boot (341), Meermin Dark Brown Waxy Calf Plain Toe Derby (Hiro), Alden Natural Chromexcel Indy (TruBalance)

Middle from L-R: C&J Brown Tetbury Chukka (348), Alden Brown Unlined Chukka (Leydon)

Bottom from L-R: Cognac Calf Chelsea (Simpson), Brown Suede Chukka (Detroit), Black Jodhpur (Alcudia)

The Shell Cordovan
View attachment 1363669
These where featured in the prior pictures, but I feel that shell merits its own space. Btw, I'm selling the burgundy double monks and cognac wingtip to make space (wife's orders) for two incoming MTOs. Please message me if interested.

So what am I missing to put this obsession to rest? The incoming Carmina MTOs - who knows when they can be fulfilled at this juncture - are a Calway boot in brown vegano & dark brown karengrein, and an Austerity Brogue in burgundy vegano (both in Rain D).

Wait wait wait - is the Calway available for order?!?

ashellfan

Reaction score

The Oxfords
View attachment 1363643

The Derbys
View attachment 1363646

The Monk Straps
View attachment 1363647

The Loafers and Slip-Ons
View attachment 1363649
View attachment 1363650

View attachment 1363658

...and finally....

The Boots
View attachment 1363659

The Shell Cordovan
View attachment 1363669

Holy smokes what a collection! This can easily be a shoe museum in many parts of the world ??

officine

Reaction score
Holy smokes what a collection! This can easily be a shoe museum in many parts of the world ??
Lol. Thanks.

Though, if you stick to classic styles and lasts, its easy to accumulate such a collection over time. About 3 pair a year. My first pair of Carmina was bought in 2005 while working a project in Madrid.

officine

Reaction score
Never heard of bering suede
It appears a slightly more olive/green shade than loden, though I've never seen it in the flesh.

My loafer collection:

I just received these tassel loafers in Bering suede from the outlet. I live in southern Caribbean summer weather all year long and these fit perfect. They are fairly unique and look even better in person.

DrGearTronic

Reaction score

The Oxfords
View attachment 1363643

The Derbys
View attachment 1363646

The Monk Straps
View attachment 1363647

The Loafers and Slip-Ons
View attachment 1363649
View attachment 1363650

View attachment 1363658

...and finally....

The Boots
View attachment 1363659

The Shell Cordovan
View attachment 1363669

I’d like to know more about those dark cognac gusseted quarter brogues! Carmina? If so, what model number, etc? Would love to get my hands on a pair of those if that’s even possible. I searched the website and couldn’t find anything even close to this pair ?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Firstly we hope you are in good health and safe.

As you know Carmina manufactures and has its main office in Mallorca, Spain. Sunday night our government approved tighter lockdown measures where all non-essential workers will be confined to their homes.

We would like to thank you for trusting Carmina in this challenging times, specially with your pending order. Do know, as soon as our staff is back in the factory we will resume working on your order but unfortunately there may be some delays in our delivery date.

Our team is still working from home and online orders for items in stock are working as usual.

Keep safe everyone!

greenhouse

Reaction score

As you know Carmina manufactures and has its main office in Mallorca, Spain. Sunday night our government approved tighter lockdown measures where all non-essential workers will be confined to their homes.

We would like to thank you for trusting Carmina in this challenging times, specially with your pending order. Do know, as soon as our staff is back in the factory we will resume working on your order but unfortunately there may be some delays in our delivery date.

Our team is still working from home and online orders for items in stock are working as usual.

Keep safe everyone!
Wishing you guys all the best.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all - lots of conversation in the last couple of days about various Carmina last fits. I have posted my thoughts on this before, but can't find a comprehensive post of my own experience. I think in pictures, so I made some below.

For reference, I'm an 11D US, with narrow heels, low volume overall, and need a decent amount of room in the toebox. I own a lot of Carmina shoes, covering at least 7 lasts; typically I'm 10UK in Carmina, but style and last make a big difference. The comparisons below all assume the same size for comparison.
View attachment 1361827
View attachment 1361828
View attachment 1361826

The last is my attempt to group lasts by "families" of size. I wouldn't be shocked if someone wore the same size in Simpson and Oscar, or Oscar and Soller, but Simpson to Soller is a pretty big leap. Yellow boxes represent near neighbors in size, while blue boxes represent the likely range for most (but not as close as the yellow boxes).
View attachment 1361825

Feel free to critique/correct. I limited the the lasts I thought I could talk to from experience. Of note, I don't own anything in Rain but have tried it on enough to know that it likely doesn't work for me, and why.
Super helfpful, thank you so much brotha.

officine

Reaction score
I’d like to know more about those dark cognac gusseted quarter brogues! Carmina? If so, what model number, etc? Would love to get my hands on a pair of those if that’s even possible. I searched the website and couldn’t find anything even close to this pair ?
Good day.

They are style 80209. I saw them a few years back on a site for the Japanese market.
https://tradingpost.jp/aoyama/9542/

As the Costitx last was unfamiliar to me at the time, I MTO'ed in Rain D.

They are great for air travel, and look good anytime.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep safe everyone!

Wishing you guys all the best.

I’ll echo greenhouse - best wishes to the Carmina team and families. Stay safe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads