• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

officine

Reaction score
thank you. It’s true that I’m afraid the shoe will get too dressed. Maybe i’ll go to the penny bourbon to start in the cordovan. Uetam or forest? That’s question...
If your foot isn't on the wide side, I'd go with Uetam. Best fitting loafer last out there imo.

In addition to the great suggestions previously provided, do consider the Rubi colored cordovan. Mine is a half-lined and goes with practically everything that is casual in nature. Pics inside and outside in sunny FL.

IMG_9340.JPG
IMG_9341.JPG
IMG_9345.JPG

Qayyum

Reaction score
If your foot isn't on the wide side, I'd go with Uetam. Best fitting loafer last out there imo.

In addition to the great suggestions previously provided, do consider the Rubi colored cordovan. Mine is a half-lined and goes with practically everything that is casual in nature. Pics inside and outside in sunny FL.

View attachment 1363172 View attachment 1363173 View attachment 1363176
really beautiful. The rubi must be impressive under the sun !!! as for the last, I have 3 uetam, so I wanted to try forest; is it more relaxed than uetam?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Qayyum use this for reference
Hey all - lots of conversation in the last couple of days about various Carmina last fits. I have posted my thoughts on this before, but can't find a comprehensive post of my own experience. I think in pictures, so I made some below.

For reference, I'm an 11D US, with narrow heels, low volume overall, and need a decent amount of room in the toebox. I own a lot of Carmina shoes, covering at least 7 lasts; typically I'm 10UK in Carmina, but style and last make a big difference. The comparisons below all assume the same size for comparison.
View attachment 1361827
View attachment 1361828
View attachment 1361826

The last is my attempt to group lasts by "families" of size. I wouldn't be shocked if someone wore the same size in Simpson and Oscar, or Oscar and Soller, but Simpson to Soller is a pretty big leap. Yellow boxes represent near neighbors in size, while blue boxes represent the likely range for most (but not as close as the yellow boxes).
View attachment 1361825

Feel free to critique/correct. I limited the the lasts I thought I could talk to from experience. Of note, I don't own anything in Rain but have tried it on enough to know that it likely doesn't work for me, and why.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a while (because the world is ending and everything sucks), but I got busy shining shoes today. Carmina really does cordovan so well.

Lovely! What are the middle ones - MTO, or through a third party retailer?

officine

Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a while (because the world is ending and everything sucks), but I got busy shining shoes today. Carmina really does cordovan so well.
View attachment 1363195
Beautiful.

Seems like a lot of us shoe addicts are taking this home isolation time to do the same thing. I just spent two days conditioning and revitalizing my shoes...and boy am I tired. On the bright side, in addition to it being cathartic, it got me back in touch with the genius of Parliament Funkadelic (I found "Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples" and "Red Hot Mama" particularly good tunes to apply elbow grease to some shoes).

It also allowed for an audit of the current state of the addiction:

44 total pairs (31 Carmina)

7 cordovan
8 suede
1 crocodile
3 pull-up leather (chromexcel, waxy calf)
25 assorted calf (box, vegano, grain, tumbled, etc)

10 assorted oxfords
5 monks
12 loafers (penny, tassel, venetian)
2 slip-ons (gusseted)
1 Prince Albert slippers
8 boots (chelsea, jodhpur, chukkas, derby, Indy)
6 derbys

1 rubi
1 green
1 white
2 navy
6 black
33 shades of brown (from light tan to oxblood)

Now what to do with next 4-6 weeks of isolation?!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful.

Seems like a lot of us shoe addicts are taking this home isolation time to do the same thing. I just spent two days conditioning and revitalizing my shoes...and boy am I tired. On the bright side, in addition to it being cathartic, it got me back in touch with the genius of Parliament Funkadelic (I found "Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples" and "Red Hot Mama" particularly good tunes to apply elbow grease to some shoes).

It also allowed for an audit of the current state of the addiction:

44 total pairs (31 Carmina)

7 cordovan
8 suede
1 crocodile
3 pull-up leather (chromexcel, waxy calf)
25 assorted calf (box, vegano, grain, tumbled, etc)

10 assorted oxfords
5 monks
12 loafers (penny, tassel, venetian)
2 slip-ons (gusseted)
1 Prince Albert slippers
8 boots (chelsea, jodhpur, chukkas, derby, Indy)
6 derbys

1 rubi
1 green
1 white
2 navy
6 black
33 shades of brown (from light tan to oxblood)

Now what to do with next 4-6 weeks of isolation?!

Thanks!

ashellfan

Reaction score
Help me out as well. Are you inquiring about pictures?
You mentioned that you have nothing else to do now I’m just suggesting you can make some post on reddit and Instagram to share that’s all. I never mentioned anything about stealing your photos etc jeez

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads