• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Is the stitched part symmetrical on the other side of the heel? Not saying that makes it okay or not, just wondering.
It's not symetrical :
IMG_20200328_151450.jpg

Qayyum

Reaction score
Hi all. I need you...
After browsing the entire thread, I intend to acquire my first cordovan shoe. I want a loafer. tassel or penny? burgundy or bourbon? uetam or forest? for casual wear. what is your opinion?
Thanks.

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi all. I need you...
After browsing the entire thread, I intend to acquire my first cordovan shoe. I want a loafer. tassel or penny? burgundy or bourbon? uetam or forest? for casual wear. what is your opinion?
Thanks.
What fits into your wardrobe best? Do you have any holes to fill? Are you looking to replace a call version? Do you skew or dressy or casual?

Qayyum

Reaction score
What fits into your wardrobe best? Do you have any holes to fill? Are you looking to replace a call version? Do you skew or dressy or casual?
I mainly wear casual pants, double pleats, tweed, corduroy, linen, heavy flannel, with polo shirts, round neck sweater, t-shirt, and sports jacket, wool cardigan, safari linen jacket. In shoes, often double monk, penny loafer, tassel loafer, suede and calf leather. A cordovan tassel burgundy uetam or a cordovan bourbon penny forest could match with this?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like you'd be good with either. Burgundy is classic shell; you can't go wrong. Would definitely lean a bit dressier, but not too much to not work with what you wear. Bourbon is a good color, but I prefer it more after much wear as it darkens. I'd get the last that fits better.

miamidoc

Reaction score

Qayyum

Reaction score
Seems like you'd be good with either. Burgundy is classic shell; you can't go wrong. Would definitely lean a bit dressier, but not too much to not work with what you wear. Bourbon is a good color, but I prefer it more after much wear as it darkens. I'd get the last that fits better.
thank you. It’s true that I’m afraid the shoe will get too dressed. Maybe i’ll go to the penny bourbon to start in the cordovan. Uetam or forest? That’s question...

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gathered my Carmina collection today. Confinement is being hard. All shoe industry will be closed until 9th of April. Please stay at home!!.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_122112.jpg
    IMG_20200329_122112.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20200329_122136.jpg
    IMG_20200329_122136.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 99

officine

Reaction score
Here you go.

From left: Simpson (UK 10), Rain D (UK 10), Rain (UK 9.5).
All Rubi shell.

View attachment 1362876
Nice. Here are some additional pictures.

From Left: Simpson (7.5UK), Rain D (7.5UK), Rain (7.5UK)

From my perspective, the Simpson is narrower in the toe box and has a slightly lower instep than the Rain. The Rain D provides the same heel circumference (or width) as the the Simpson. I'm one of the few who really are in between sizes, as going up a half size in Simpson doesn't work for me, and some Rain shoes require a tongue pad for me to get the tight, but comfortable, fit I like. Once they introduced the Rain D it became my go to last for oxford MTOs.
IMG_9329.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads