• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hm, well, I own one pair of Rain that I went TTS in, but I actually need a tongue pad with them due to the high instep. I have an odd foot, kind of lower volume and fairly average width at the ball, but with a lot of toe splay so I gravitate towards lasts with spacious toeboxes.
I had a pair of +0.5 size simpsons that were a bit too spacious for my tastes, so I'd say, for me personally: Rain size = Simpson size = Forest size.

I haven't tried Simpson, sadly, but I'm thinking I would be good with a 9UK. I have the length and width of a 9UK but the volume of and 8.5 or even a 8. I went in my last order with 9UK Rain and I feel that I will need a tongue pad later to not close completely the eyelets. I'm thinking 8.5 UK could be a better fit.

9UK in the Uetam is a great fit for me.

The best way to know is to actually wear and see what fits best

I know but what if... you can't try them and can't order different sizes cause it's hard to return them due to customs?
It all depends on your foot, really.

I take a UK9 in most shoes, and I take a UK9 in the Oscar last.

However, I need to take a UK9.5 in the Rain last. A UK9 in the Rain last is wearable, but it's not an ideal fit and a UK9.5 is more comfortable for me, both at the ball of the foot and over the instep.
Nice! Sounds like you have a high instep, right?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Burgundy museum calf

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing of the Forest last (specifically this shoe) when comparing to Crockett and Jones? In C&J I fit a 8UK in the 377 last.

I go up half a size in Forest. I wear a 13 UK in Carmina Inca, Rain and Soller, as well as C and J 337 and 348. I go 13.5 in Forest. I don't own any other C and J or Carmina lasts, but I find that, as Forest is more rounded, it is simply shorter, but I can't speak to the C and J 377. I have a pretty normal, albeit large, foot though.

Camerashy

Reaction score
I have just been talking to Pediwear regarding the Carmina Forest Last and they say it is a narrow fitting so recommended half a size up.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just been talking to Pediwear regarding the Carmina Forest Last and they say it is a narrow fitting so recommended half a size up.
When Kirby Allison did their most recent GMTO, they recommended same size in Rain and Forest. If anything maybe go to Forest EEE instead of up a half size

Camerashy

Reaction score
When Kirby Allison did their most recent GMTO, they recommended same size in Rain and Forest. If anything maybe go to Forest EEE instead of up a half size

it’s a minefield really isn’t it......good point
PS just looked at Pediwear again and they only offer the F width in the Calvia shoe I was interested in

Last edited:

Qayyum

Reaction score
first wear for these penny loafer. oddly, I had to go for a size 7uk, while on my other loafer, I wear 6.5uk. However, they are all Uetam. the soles measures the same length ... strange.

Attachments

• 60418ACD-5C64-4611-9E4E-4392568010F5.jpeg
    60418ACD-5C64-4611-9E4E-4392568010F5.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 52

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first wear for these penny loafer. oddly, I had to go for a size 7uk, while on my other loafer, I wear 6.5uk. However, they are all Uetam. the soles measures the same length ... strange.
Nice! Enjoy them!

Those are in Uetam? I was looking at the Custom Section, cause I would like that model in Uetam with burgundy museum calf but it doesn't show available in Uetam.

Qayyum

Reaction score
Nice! Enjoy them!

Those are in Uetam? I was looking at the Custom Section, cause I would like that model in Uetam with burgundy museum calf but it doesn't show available in Uetam.
yes uetam. 80191 tan rusticalf, bought on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads