• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do all think about this?
Screenshot_20200227-202816_Instagram.jpg

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina I recently saw the New York last on the last page but I have not seen it available while customizing a pair of boots. Can you provide us with any information regarding this last and how it compares to the llubi last?

The new york last will be coming soon. There are no models listed in this last at the moment. As soon as some models are included we will have more fit details.

Hello Sara !
Too bad for me. I wanted to ask you if you had dark cognac Cordovan to MTO you the Calway at the end of this year, but it is not in your stock I presume...

If I am not wrong, Horween does not offer this shade anymore.

Gentlemen,
I just received my first Cordovan jumper boots today and I noticed that the calf lining isn't glue to the Cordovan upper and shaft. Is it normal ?
I have two pairs of grein and Karangrein jumpers and the lining is glued for these.

It might be part of the design. Please provide our customer service team with some pictures, we will check for you.

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Yeah, I really did not want to purchase any more shoes this year. But, this leather is just amazing. I have the C&J Radnor, which utilizes the leather. When l got the Radnor back in 2017, I knew if it was ever available on any other boot, I’d be in. Because of the material it was just something I couldn’t pass on.
@stephenaf2003 Have you encountered any issues with the dryness/tearing that Carmina mentioned earlier? They said initially it should not be a problem, but how have your's held up? Also, what type of leather care regimen have you used?

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
Does anyone have perspective (or better yet, photos) of how natural shell and saddle shell patina differently? I have a pair of saddle boots, and I am wondering how different they look from natural shell after some time.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina - you mentioned that you had already placed a shell cordovan order with Horween for 2020. Was that shell only, or all leathers? If all leathers, did you order any Dublin leather?

phichi1106

Reaction score
So I placed my order at the NYC store in September for a custom belt and loafer. They had put the shoe order into the system October due to a promotion to waive the MTO fee. I received the shoes the end of December.

However, the belt order went in the system in September. As of today, I still have not received it and there is no confirmation from the factory. I asked the store in December, called the store again end of January, and now called mid-February. I find it to be absurd that it’s over 6 months for a custom order which they stated would take less than 60 days

I need this belt for my wedding in 29 days. Who should I reach out to for a clear answer? The shoes were subpar to what GG usually provides me so this will be the last time I order from them

Mallaig

Reaction score
Sara, you all are worth the wait.

....as for the query regarding green shell; I love my Carmina green shell brogue boots. Also, had I not indulged in an obscene amount of shoes the last 18 months, (and trust me it was truly obscene), I would have already ordered the boots we talked about in the hand painted green. This hand painted green boot is now placed in the special place I reserve what are for me personally, truly heart stopping boots. It’s on my list of must haves!
Hand painted green you say ? How do I find out more. I'm already thinking about buying something in that green shell.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I placed my order at the NYC store in September for a custom belt and loafer. They had put the shoe order into the system October due to a promotion to waive the MTO fee. I received the shoes the end of December.

However, the belt order went in the system in September. As of today, I still have not received it and there is no confirmation from the factory. I asked the store in December, called the store again end of January, and now called mid-February. I find it to be absurd that it’s over 6 months for a custom order which they stated would take less than 60 days

I need this belt for my wedding in 29 days. Who should I reach out to for a clear answer? The shoes were subpar to what GG usually provides me so this will be the last time I order from them

Obviously not great regarding the belt but...are you comparing the shoes to $1500 G&G shoes here?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the turnaround for a custom pair of shoes was pretty quick and you are comparing apples to oranges with G&G and Carmina

georgeka

Reaction score

Probably better to contact the factory directly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads