• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am definitely interested in using the mock Russian calf on the new Calway boot. That would be fantastic if you can have that available.

As far as QC goes, I think everyone understands that mistakes happen. Your willingness to resolve the issues are appreciated by most, if not all. Also, your interaction with this group is incredible. We are definitely spoiled!

I would definitely be interested in the Calway with this leather.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for your patience. Our team is now up and running after the website's launch. We hope you enjoy the new content and feel as excited as we do with the new sections.

As you know, we always strive to improve both in quality and service. We are very sorry for any orders you might have received with faults. Our customer service team will do their best to help and offer solutions.

If anyone is interested, we can follow up on private GMTO, new models, special leathers... We have received many requests for our mock Russian calf. This leather is temporarily exclusive for Kirby's chukka boots. However, once this group closes if there is interest we might stock up on this leather. By the way, it is not from Horween but rather J FJ Baker in England.

You might also be curious about the new boot model members votes for. Our artisans are currently grading sizes and the model should be ready soon. We will continue to update you with more details too.

Green Horween shell looks great, the depth of colour is fantastic. What are the general thoughts on green shell?
That’s awesome, I would love to do a short jumper boot in the Baker Russian calf if you eventually stock up. Glad to have you back, love the new site. I know how much goes into a site launch so I’m sure you’re all relieved to have it live.

Tuberosum

Reaction score
I am definitely looking forward for the Calway, I am assuming it will be released as a customizable MTO for its first run. How are you guys going to spec yours? I am thinking Navy Suede Shaft + Navy Museum on Oscar + JR soles.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Carmina have a light colored museum? Something like darker Russian calf over gold museum on Forest would look pretty nice.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here participating in the Hanger Project Chukka GMTO and know when it closes?

weriker

Reaction score
I‘m actually interested in a boot in the ‚Calway‘ style and that leather too.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for your patience.

Green Horween shell looks great, the depth of colour is fantastic. What are the general thoughts on green shell?

Sara, you all are worth the wait.

....as for the query regarding green shell; I love my Carmina green shell brogue boots. Also, had I not indulged in an obscene amount of shoes the last 18 months, (and trust me it was truly obscene), I would have already ordered the boots we talked about in the hand painted green. This hand painted green boot is now placed in the special place I reserve what are for me personally, truly heart stopping boots. It’s on my list of must haves!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here participating in the Hanger Project Chukka GMTO and know when it closes?
I ordered it, and got an e-mail from HP saying it closes Saturday the 29th of February.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sara, you all are worth the wait.

....as for the query regarding green shell; I love my Carmina green shell brogue boots. Also, had I not indulged in an obscene amount of shoes the last 18 months, (and trust me it was truly obscene), I would have already ordered the boots we talked about in the hand painted green. This hand painted green boot is now placed in the special place I reserve what are for me personally, truly heart stopping boots. It’s on my list of must haves!
I love green shell (and other leathers and fabrics) as well, but I prefer the olive color Carmina hand paints over Horween's "botttle" blue-green.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a few more days to decide if I want the Chukka or hold off for a potential Calway...

Yeah, I really did not want to purchase any more shoes this year. But, this leather is just amazing. I have the C&J Radnor, which utilizes the leather. When l got the Radnor back in 2017, I knew if it was ever available on any other boot, I’d be in. Because of the material it was just something I couldn’t pass on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads