• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we as a whole overestimate the importance of our ourselves and the groups we associate with.
I would bet Carmina US sales are a lot less dependant on SF members than you think. We're a small vocal minority and they go above and beyond to keep us excited, but I doubt they're be closing stores without us.

I wonder about that. There's really only so many places on the internet where people talk about $500+ men's footwear. Here and reddit seem like the main hubs, and there's a lot of crossover. How many pairs of shoes does Carmina even make in a year? I doubt SF folks make up the majority of their sales, but I bet the ripple effect from SF folks recommending (or not recommending) the brand is significant.

ecworks

Reaction score
I wonder about that. There's really only so many places on the internet where people talk about $500+ men's footwear. Here and reddit seem like the main hubs, and there's a lot of crossover. How many pairs of shoes does Carmina even make in a year? I doubt SF folks make up the majority of their sales, but I bet the ripple effect from SF folks recommending (or not recommending) the brand is significant.
True that,

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My whole point is, all this hand wringing about how precious Carmina’s feelings are, is...well really interesting...but wrong headed to my way of thinking.

All Carmina keeps doing is just coming back with even better ways of appealing to those of us that support their product. It certainly seems the company is taking it all in stride as, lose some, but with their great product, win most.There are certainly many who complain when it might seem to some of us, it’s nothing. As I go back over the dozen pages, I don’t see it has taken a turn for the worse. There is more good sprinkled in than bad. This discussion about a customers right to complain however, has dominated the forum. Which for me is fine, discussion in this case seems good to me.

But just to show how I personally feel about Carmina, there’s this....
View attachment 1344078

and this..... View attachment 1344079

and this....

View attachment 1344082

also this......

View attachment 1344083

Carmina makes great shoes.

It appears Carmina forgot the shaft for the boots in the second photo!

:nest:

in all seriousness, I suspect there have been a few recent ... unintended consequences of rapid growth, but at the end of the day it seems that Carmina bends over backwards to make things right when there is a problem. I had to send back one pair recently, and the remake had taken some time, but it’s also not like I’m hurting for shoes.

Said differently: I’m really looking forward to ordering a Calway!

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Carmina and execution, custom Adelaides from 2017. Perfect when I got them.
EE78A4C2-E24E-485D-870F-0FA503F9B08B.jpeg

pekingman

Reaction score
@stephenaf2003 - What suede is that in the boot photo you posted above - really like that color (and the boot). Looking at the Carmina website the nearest I can see is a vogue suede color, but am guessing it probably isn't that. Thanks!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found out today that Carmina has a suede called “Vogue Camel Canela.” It’s a light colored suede, similar to C&J’s Camel suede and EG’s Nutmeg suede. Does anyone have it?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@stephenaf2003 - What suede is that in the boot photo you posted above - really like that color (and the boot). Looking at the Carmina website the nearest I can see is a vogue suede color, but am guessing it probably isn't that. Thanks!

Loden suede.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for your patience. Our team is now up and running after the website's launch. We hope you enjoy the new content and feel as excited as we do with the new sections.

As you know, we always strive to improve both in quality and service. We are very sorry for any orders you might have received with faults. Our customer service team will do their best to help and offer solutions.

If anyone is interested, we can follow up on private GMTO, new models, special leathers... We have received many requests for our mock Russian calf. This leather is temporarily exclusive for Kirby's chukka boots. However, once this group closes if there is interest we might stock up on this leather. By the way, it is not from Horween but rather J FJ Baker in England.

You might also be curious about the new boot model members votes for. Our artisans are currently grading sizes and the model should be ready soon. We will continue to update you with more details too.

Green shell, Llubi last.

Color variation under different lighting conditions is just out of this world.

View attachment 1344468

View attachment 1344469

View attachment 1344470

Green Horween shell looks great, the depth of colour is fantastic. What are the general thoughts on green shell?

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Firstly, thank you for your patience. Our team is now up and running after the website's launch. We hope you enjoy the new content and feel as excited as we do with the new sections.

As you know, we always strive to improve both in quality and service. We are very sorry for any orders you might have received with faults. Our customer service team will do their best to help and offer solutions.

If anyone is interested, we can follow up on private GMTO, new models, special leathers... We have received many requests for our mock Russian calf. This leather is temporarily exclusive for Kirby's chukka boots. However, once this group closes if there is interest we might stock up on this leather. By the way, it is not from Horween but rather J FJ Baker in England.

You might also be curious about the new boot model members votes for. Our artisans are currently grading sizes and the model should be ready soon. We will continue to update you with more details too.

Green Horween shell looks great, the depth of colour is fantastic. What are the general thoughts on green shell?
I am definitely interested in using the mock Russian calf on the new Calway boot. That would be fantastic if you can have that available.

As far as QC goes, I think everyone understands that mistakes happen. Your willingness to resolve the issues are appreciated by most, if not all. Also, your interaction with this group is incredible. We are definitely spoiled!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics