• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I received my #4 MTO. the color is not similar to other #4s - much darker and flatter. can people post photos of their #4 MTOs for purposes of color comparison?

the shoes arrived with so many defects, these do not qualify as seconds.

not sure how Carmina is sending out all these defective MTOs. seems their internal quality control for MTOs is super low / non-existent

Meelypops

Reaction score
I received my #4 MTO. the color is not similar to other #4s - much darker and flatter. can people post photos of their #4 MTOs for purposes of color comparison?

not sure how Carmina is sending out all these defective MTOs. seems their internal quality control for MTOs is super low / non-existent
My exp also.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another messy order sent by Carmina. Ordered a pair of Chelsea boots with the Black Friday deal with shoe trees. Asked for another size shoe trees a couple weeks later. Received the order with no belt, no shoe trees, wrong size shoes and after 80 days.

Do they use a different kind of leather for their Chelsea boots? The leather on this pair seemed a lot softer and flexible than the leather on my oxfords. Both suppose to be black boxcalf

What kind of lining did you choose? Kid lining is softer than calf lining.

DL120

Reaction score

Here’s a pair I got.
6257D77D-CE36-4791-B068-D91214511BFB.jpeg

pictures of the issues you have would be helpful.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. My pair was very well made. Lucky I suppose.

ErPupone4

Reaction score

Most of my orders have been fine, but I received my Kirby MTO shoes this week after sending them in for a repair or remake back in late October. I was extremely disappointed to see that literally nothing was done to the boots. Same issues with zero communication during the 4 months. One thing did change, the box came back more beat up than before lol.

Next time just tell me nothing will be done and I can avoid this headache. Waiting on a response from the NYC store on how to proceed. At this point I'll take a discount just to be done with it.

Again, overall I've been happy with my Carmina purchases but this experience has been very negative.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, if anyone would like a pair of Carmina chelseas in chocolate sude, size 10.5, Forest last. PM me, I'll send it for $175 shipped. Worn a few times but in excellent condition, come with box and shoe bags.

Attachments

• IMG-1561.jpg
    IMG-1561.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-1562.jpg
    IMG-1562.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 59

DL120

Reaction score
looks nice. all the color 4s all look different in color - zero consistency here. weird.
Hate to sound cliche but if you’re looking for consistency, Shell is anything but consistent. Every batch, every shoe is going to vary in color. The table color may be similar, but as soon as it’s cut into a pattern, and stitch into an upper, that table color no longer matter. Shell looks different from every angle that you look at it. Pics of what you’re referring to with your pair would be immensely helpful. ??

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hate to sound cliche but if you’re looking for consistency, Shell is anything but consistent. Every batch, every shoe is going to vary in color. The table color may be similar, but as soon as it’s cut into a pattern, and stitch into an upper, that table color no longer matter. Shell looks different from every angle that you look at it. Pics of what you’re referring to with your pair would be immensely helpful. ??

thank you for your feedback.

as someone who owns >25 pairs of shell, I do know what are below seconds and what is acceptable. I also know that color 4 has a certain look. if it doesn't, it's not color 4, but some other shade of shell. these that I received are not in the color table.

examples of color 4:

4x4-2.jpg

Alden-Color-4-Shell-Cordovan-CT-Boot-8.jpg

yySk5qM.jpg

Alden-Color-4-WT-Boots-5.jpg

what I received, below in daylight. several issues, but main is this crease - looks like a reflection, but it is not. it is as if the maker used a piece of shell that was firmly folded with a bend in it... also, this is not what I expect for color 4. also, this bend will not disappear with normal wear (unfortunately) and it is on the main part of the shoe.

123.jpeg

greenhouse

Reaction score
thank you for your feedback.

as someone who owns >25 pairs of shell, I do know what are below seconds and what is acceptable. I also know that color 4 has a certain look. if it doesn't, it's not color 4, but some other shade of shell. these that I received are not in the color table.

examples of color 4:

4x4-2.jpg

Alden-Color-4-Shell-Cordovan-CT-Boot-8.jpg

yySk5qM.jpg

Alden-Color-4-WT-Boots-5.jpg

what I received, below in daylight. several issues, but main is this crease - looks like a reflection, but it is not. it is as if the maker used a piece of shell that was firmly folded with a bend in it... also, this is not what I expect for color 4. also, this bend will not disappear with normal wear (unfortunately) and it is on the main part of the shoe.

View attachment 1343052
That's brown. Not color 4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads