• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Hope everyone has a good weekend
FDFBD6F2-3DB3-415A-9BFA-6DBB1EB37F99.jpeg

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
Does anyone have Carmina Forest last in wide width? What Carmina calls Forest EEE.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have pictures of both types of trees? I'm curious as to what they both look and feel like side by side. I only have the $70 trees that would come standard with the shoes if you selected the option within the shoe's page(it was right next to the metal taps option)

Here you go:
84552673-0258-4C37-AAB3-D6C5A68A5BC2.jpeg

FCCA5077-8A5A-4A2B-93AC-2AB58F66C857.jpeg

Hinged tree is 9.5, spring trees are 9. The middle one is no longer available.

The hinged tree in 9.5 is a spectacular fit for Simpson in 10, and a decent fit for Alcudia.

The spring trees in 10 are too big IMO for Simpson, Alcudia, and Uetam in 10, which is why I usually drop down to 9. Soller and Inca in 10 take size 10 trees just fine, and I prefer Oscar and Robert in 10 to have size 9 trees.

The spring trees in 9 are a perfect fit for Alcudia in 10.
For Uetam 10, I actually prefer Woodlore Epic (L). Epics are in ~half of my Carminas, and are perfectly acceptable.

Here’s the size difference between 9 and 10:
FEB5B683-8F8B-4A86-A0AC-E4BAEC1F4A24.jpeg

(I actually have a pair of this style in UK 8 if anyone has interest)

DL120

Reaction score
Talking about shoe trees, I like the new ones. Although I would like them with spring.

View attachment 1341840

View attachment 1341841

View attachment 1341842

View attachment 1341839
Bro! I thought you didn’t get them yet?
I find the hinges are beautiful, but difficult to work with because it has to be based on the forest last based on the shape. So it fits my Oscar, rain, forest, Utem, boots, shoes loafers I’ve tried them in all. I have 2 sets of uk7 and 2 sets of uk7.5. Each set is ever so slightly different. One uk7.5 is perfect in one shoe and the other set of uk7.5 hinges is just a hair too short to be properly snug. Same with the uk7. I’ve found the best fit for them in each of my shoes/boots but The new ones with this shape and double spring will be the best option. @cakv and @jet-stream.
TBH the cedar version that was sold for a short period of time between the old beechwood spring weren’t bad but were hardly worth $70. The new beechwood is respectable at $90, but the fit will be concerning until the spring version is readily available.

DL120

Reaction score
Do you happen to have pictures of both types of trees? I'm curious as to what they both look and feel like side by side. I only have the $70 trees that would come standard with the shoes if you selected the option within the shoe's page(it was right next to the metal taps option)
**** just saw this lol and I already replied. Still getting used to trying to daily navigate SF and remain active here. So I do but I see jet stream took care of it. I disagree with his sizing suggestion though as far as getting small sized trees. Unless he was using US sizing.

For spring trees, I have uk7 for all my carmina which are either uk7 or uk7.5, and they fit great, should be snug and the springs should be compressed, not fully, but they shouldn’t just easily slide the heel in. Hinges, uk7.5=uk7.5 shoes, and uk7=uk7 shoes. I don’t size down in trees. ??‍♂️ @Betelgeuse can attest I have a pair of Japanese maker with lasted trees that require 3 Red Bulls and a **** ton of force to get in and out, but they’re supposed to be that way lol.

DL120

Reaction score
Here you go:
View attachment 1341832
View attachment 1341834

Hinged tree is 9.5, spring trees are 9. The middle one is no longer available.

The hinged tree in 9.5 is a spectacular fit for Simpson in 10, and a decent fit for Alcudia.

The spring trees in 10 are too big IMO for Simpson, Alcudia, and Uetam in 10, which is why I usually drop down to 9. Soller and Inca in 10 take size 10 trees just fine, and I prefer Oscar and Robert in 10 to have size 9 trees.

The spring trees in 9 are a perfect fit for Alcudia in 10.
For Uetam 10, I actually prefer Woodlore Epic (L). Epics are in ~half of my Carminas, and are perfectly acceptable.

Here’s the size difference between 9 and 10:
View attachment 1341833

(I actually have a pair of this style in UK 8 if anyone has interest)
I may be interested in the uk8 trees. That’s the old beechwood, quality trees right? I have a pair of Enzo boots uk7.5 but they run big and could take them. If yes, shoot me a message how much you want and we can hammer out the deal

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro! I thought you didn’t get them yet?
I find the hinges are beautiful, but difficult to work with because it has to be based on the forest last based on the shape. So it fits my Oscar, rain, forest, Utem, boots, shoes loafers I’ve tried them in all. I have 2 sets of uk7 and 2 sets of uk7.5. Each set is ever so slightly different. One uk7.5 is perfect in one shoe and the other set of uk7.5 hinges is just a hair too short to be properly snug. Same with the uk7. I’ve found the best fit for them in each of my shoes/boots but The new ones with this shape and double spring will be the best option. @cakv and @jet-stream.
TBH the cedar version that was sold for a short period of time between the old beechwood spring weren’t bad but were hardly worth $70. The new beechwood is respectable at $90, but the fit will be concerning until the spring version is readily available.
These are the ones that my girlfriend bought for me hehe. Still waiting for Sara to reply.

yengli

Reaction score
Another messy order sent by Carmina. Ordered a pair of Chelsea boots with the Black Friday deal with shoe trees. Asked for another size shoe trees a couple weeks later. Received the order with no belt, no shoe trees, wrong size shoes and after 80 days.

Do they use a different kind of leather for their Chelsea boots? The leather on this pair seemed a lot softer and flexible than the leather on my oxfords. Both suppose to be black boxcalf

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads