• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gld edmond

Reaction score
has anyone tried the balitx last? Does it compare to the Simpson fit, low volume instep?

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the mardi gras laces going today:
Carmina.jpg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Sineu lasted MTO chukkas through. Major happy with them. I usually wear Rain lasted shoes, so it was a gamble. The fit is very similar. The Sineu is almost like a casual version of the Rain. Loving the loden suede too!

Attachments

• D155DD30-200B-483D-AE12-AEE3E4D3C168.jpeg
    D155DD30-200B-483D-AE12-AEE3E4D3C168.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 86
  • ADA5D511-033E-4C2D-B793-CC62CCD129EA.jpeg
    ADA5D511-033E-4C2D-B793-CC62CCD129EA.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 86

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Was considering buying some boots from Carmina recently ... What a surprise to see the price difference when ordering from the EU website (using a VPN) and not the US one. Absolutely unacceptable.
Carmina pricing.png

yengli

Reaction score
Was considering buying some boots from Carmina recently ... What a surprise to see the price difference when ordering from the EU website (using a VPN) and not the US one. Absolutely unacceptable. View attachment 1336415

Don’t know how tax works in your country but if I would order the same boots in Europe they would cost me €890. That would be about $970

Sfroide3

Reaction score

There is no VAT in the us. If you buy from a EU website they remove the VAT that is included. In this case the boots are 890 euros, you remove VAT and convert to USD. Carmina website does it for US. Boots retail at 797 usd without tax. In the US the boots retail at 990 usd without tax too.

A fun example with an outlet pair:

Carmina pricing2.png

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Just had a little fun playing with the website. Once it realizes that you want to ship to the US (even with a VPN) it forces the US pricing instead of showing the converted price from Euro minus VAT. Same mark up as suitsupply for the US. One thing for sure, I will not ever buy at their US price anymore.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had a little fun playing with the website. Once it realizes that you want to ship to the US (even with a VPN) it forces the US pricing instead of showing the converted price from Euro minus VAT. Same mark up as suitsupply for the US. One thing for sure, I will not ever buy at their US price anymore.
So how to avoid the high pricing change

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect Carmina may be taking care of the duty. If you bought them and paid the duty separate it would probably be close to the difference

Sfroide3

Reaction score
So how to avoid the high pricing change

Use a VPN in Europe, do your shopping and then choose US for shipping. If you keep browsing after this, it will update all the pricing for US customers. And you will end up with a little 25% price increase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads