• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my color 4 order. I expected more red tones based on pictures posted by other users here, but color looks great nonetheless. First time DHL didn't screw up delivery, so overall very pleased. Will need to inspect more closely at the end of the work day, but not seeing any major blemish at first glance.

One thing I would've changed on this makeup is the 4 eyelet/3 speedhook combination. I looked at these side by side next to my Amaretto NST boot (7 eyelets), and realized the balance is *much* better with all eyelets. It's taken a bit of time/experimentation but I think I'm close to finding my right design combination for Carmina. My next custom order wlll be either the Calway boot or another u tip boot in bourbon with flat welt, all eyelets, and Carmina's version of ridgeway sole.

DSC_0816.JPG

DSC_0820.JPG

DSC_0818.JPG
DSC_0819.JPG

Last edited:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. First time caller, long time listener! First post here.. I have three incoming Carmina's to add to my newly acquired collection. Been a fan of Ferragamo since my college days (20 years) ago with their loafers. Started collecting oxfords late last year and have the following incoming :)

Carmina Cordovan Black Cap Toe - Forest (arriving Friday)
Carmina Cordovan Green Blucher - Forest (just ordered)
Carmina Plain Brown Cap Toe - Forest (arriving Friday)

AE Cordovan McNeil in Burgundy (arriving Friday)
Beckett Simonon Valencia Whole Cut in Bordeaux (arriving today)
Becket Simonon Durant in Oak (arriving today)

Edit: Currently have dead stock Ferragamo in Tramezza and Originalle lines... So nice that I just can't break them out to wear lol. For sure, I will rock the Beckett Simonon's first as my beaters hehe.
What do you mean with collecting? So do you buy shoes just for your collection and not to wear?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my color 4. I expected a little more red tones based on pictures posted by other users here, but color looks great nonetheless. First time DHL didn't screw up delivery, so overall very pleased. Will need to inspect more closely at the end of the work day, but not seeing any major blemish at first glance.

View attachment 1322385
View attachment 1322386

View attachment 1322355 View attachment 1322356
I love this makeup. Can you share the specs? Color looks great to me - I tend to worry about them coming in TOO red though.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
They look excellent! Not to question the upper, but I ordered an mto grain shell from carmina a few months ago how and it looks exactly like that. Now I haven’t received them yet, only have the pic of the swatch to compare it to.
That said the football print is a very uniformly sized round pebble like grain print, while the grain shell is more abstract printed grain in the shell, similar to scotch grain. Here’s an image of the football print shell I referred to when I was designing my mto. Either way, I love your boots and makes me very excited to get my mto ? View attachment 1322212
Yeah, I think I may be using the terms imprecisely. The leather was described to me as football print, but the picture provided was of the delivered leather, which I think is "scotch grain" or whatever we want to call it. I ordered based on the photo, so I wasn't concerned about what it was called, but it is really great leather. I think it is the perfect winter leather, as it has the properties of shell but is a bit more resistant to spotting, etc.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this makeup. Can you share the specs? Color looks great to me - I tend to worry about them coming in TOO red though.
Sure, here you go. See special requests for last and spec change request. Btw, these oscar lasted boots seem wider/more robust looking than my Amaretto jumper boots on same last. These also came with my initials on the sole, in brass nail head pattern, even though I did not request this. Looks good, so no complaints!

Last and sole: Forest && Rendenbach sole
fabricacion: Double sole with storm welt && Chestnut edge
Eyelets: Vintage brass hooks Vintage gold hooks
laces: Dark brown Flat shoe laces
Nominated & initials: Without name neither initials
size: UK 8
More Options: Metal Toe Cap

special requests: Please make with colour 4 cordovan, on Oscar last; if possible please use vintage brass hooks. Please make this a "u tip boot" without split toe stitching

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Colour 4 cordovan is grail level material and you made a good decision to build a NST with it. Plus you got a great shade of colour 4 - just the right amount of red.

They are perfect. I wish I could have jumped on this gmto but I couldn't get a slot. Good inspiration for whenever the opportunity comes up! Though I'd probably go with a flat welt and a JR sole :)
amazing color #4.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received my color 4 order. I expected more red tones based on pictures posted by other users here, but color looks great nonetheless. First time DHL didn't screw up delivery, so overall very pleased. Will need to inspect more closely at the end of the work day, but not seeing any major blemish at first glance.

One thing I would've changed on this makeup is the 4 eyelet/3 speedhook combination. I looked at these side by side next to my Amaretto NST boot (7 eyelets), and realized the balance is *much* better with all eyelets. It's taken a bit of time/experimentation but I think I'm close to finding my right design combination for Carmina. My next custom order wlll be either the Calway boot or another u tip boot in bourbon with flat welt, all eyelets, and Carmina's version of ridgeway sole.

View attachment 1322385
View attachment 1322386

Damn! They look great!

Webbo

Reaction score
For a long time I have admired Peppercorn78’s shell chukkas so I finally took the plunge last year and went for a MTO pair. On the Detroit EEE in my usual 10.5. When they arrived I was mortified that they were too big, after consultation with Carmina they re-lasted the boots down to a size 10 EEE. I didn’t know they could do it but they can, they did and what a job they made. I thought of selling and buying another pair but figured I would lose out on that transaction both in time and money so went the re-lasting route. Delighted I did. They arrived today, fit still a tiny bit big but with an insole perfect. My god Carmina do shell superbly. Thanks Peppercorn78 I am in your debt!!

CB21619D-6FBB-4E5C-8DFB-D0B74D7C8509.jpeg
CFAA42DF-0103-4D13-A678-797EEBA6F4E2.jpeg
EA968553-156A-4A54-9FB1-9326187A5E6E.jpeg

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Sorry for interrupt. I'm trying to sell two New in Box loafers in UK7E size. If anyone interested in, please let me know!

Brown calf Penny loafer (Uetam last)

Polo suede Wholecut loafer (Rain last)

Thank you.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1322385
View attachment 1322386

I have the exact same boot, but in bourbon shell. While I agree that adding all-eyelets makes the boot balanced, speedhooks are super convenient and make lacing faster/easier. My one complaint, if you can even call it that, is that the boots aren't a touch taller. A fourth speedhook would be awesome.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same boot, but in bourbon shell. While I agree that adding all-eyelets makes the boot balanced, speedhooks are super convenient and make lacing faster/easier. My one complaint, if you can even call it that, is that the boots aren't a touch taller. A fourth speedhook would be awesome.
Completely agree with your statement, and your bourbon boots are fantastic. You're probably the first one on SF to pull the the trigger on this modified design. 4 eyelets/4 hooks or all eyelets, either would look equally good. If you compare to a pair of C&J boots, these are slightly taller than the Harlech for example. But this minor difference (ie. 4 eyelets/4 hooks or all eyelets) makes C&J boots appear better proportioned.

Having stated the above, I appreciate the fact that Carmina maintains its uniqueness. I've patterned all of my custom orders on similar models from C&J and Alden. The end product is always unique, and I'd rather have this minor imbalance (in my eyes at least) vs. a well executed complete clone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads