• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1318334 View attachment 1318336

So this is my issue with Carmina:

After about ~10 wears I noticed 3/4 sides of the tongues are tearing. They’re not willing to take the shoes back for even a partial refund with restocking fees etc.

They finally responded that they will be reinforcing the area. Does anyone know what reinforcing looks like? Is it more holes in the cordovan? Is it a clean fix or will it look sloppy?

What is making me angry in addition to the response time of like three months to get this sorted is that they are saying it’s not a correct fit and that’s why it tore not at all the fault of the design or craftsmanship.

So if it’s wrong - make the customer happy and let them refund or exchange for something that works but nope gotta pour more resources into a pair that is 99% likely to tear again.

Cordovan tears, and when cordovan tears it will just get worst. I’m pretty convinced that no fix short of replacing the upper will prevent the tongue area from ripping down the line.

So now I will be stuck with a pair I will be in fear of wearing and will never be able to enjoy and i will hate it. If I wear it and it tears again in another ten wears, will Carmina still support their craftsmanship and repair again and again? These ~$800 shoes are supposed to last longer than this.

This post turned out longer than expected but I just had to vent. This is ridiculous.

You can always return them and file a chargeback through your credit card company or PayPal.

DL120

Reaction score
Patiently awaiting 3 MTOs from our carmina friend on SF. Although mine were not done through SF. I’ll hold myself over with these for now.

adrs1157

Reaction score
Oh ! You customised the tongue yourself. Is it to add more ankle support because of a half size bigger choice that is perfect for your toes but too much for your ankle ?
That's my problem... I wanted to add a leather band on the tongue to fill the void around the ankle, but a wool band could be more adequate.
I actually sized down a half size for this last because it is far too voluminous for my feet. I have a low instep and thin ankles - not a good combination for Detroit last. Even with my thickest socks, the facings touch. The tongue pad helps fill some volume so there is about a 1/2" spacing between the facings when laced up.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 year old boots from SkoAB. Cognac shell

danadd94

Reaction score
My color 4 MTO came in yesterday! I'm in love. If I can, I'll try to get a more detailed album. It was too dark to get good lighting last evening.
Specs
Model: 80488 NST boot
Last: Forest
Lining: Orange Kid
Sole: Tramuntana with storm welt (between Chestnut and natural edge)
Hardware: Vintage brass speed hooks and eyelets

Pup tax included.

Last edited:

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to receive a response from customer support? I was waiting a response since before christmas but haven't receive any even if I have sent them a reminder.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My color 4 MTO came in yesterday! I'm in love. If I can, I'll try to get a more detail album. It was too dark to get good lighting last evening.
Specs
Sole: Tramuntana with storm welt (between Chestnut and natural edge
View attachment 1321635
View attachment 1321637 View attachment 1321636
Pup tax included.

These came out bonkers great. Forest last works well for these and the edge is perfect

adrs1157

Reaction score
My color 4 MTO came in yesterday! I'm in love. If I can, I'll try to get a more detail album. It was too dark to get good lighting last evening.
Specs
Sole: Tramuntana with storm welt (between Chestnut and natural edge
View attachment 1321635
View attachment 1321637 View attachment 1321636
Pup tax included.

Forest last makes for a stunning NST silhouette. Those are gorgeous!

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to receive a response from customer support? I was waiting a response since before christmas but haven't receive any even if I have sent them a reminder.
Yes I do. I sent them a email 5 days ago for an order upgrading and they responded me yesterday. I responded back this morning and they answerded me few hours later.
I think that dependind on the case, the processing time varies. For my first email, I asked them to replace an item in my order with another one more expensive. They had to check if it was possible, for what cost and how to make me pay the surplus... For their second response the same day, it was to tell me that my second request was not possible. Response within hours...
However, in your case, it's not correct...

ducatiti

Reaction score
Hello. First time caller, long time listener! First post here.. I have three incoming Carmina's to add to my newly acquired collection. Been a fan of Ferragamo since my college days (20 years) ago with their loafers. Started collecting oxfords late last year and have the following incoming :)

Carmina Cordovan Black Cap Toe - Forest (arriving Friday)
Carmina Cordovan Green Blucher - Forest (just ordered)
Carmina Plain Brown Cap Toe - Forest (arriving Friday)

AE Cordovan McNeil in Burgundy (arriving Friday)
Beckett Simonon Valencia Whole Cut in Bordeaux (arriving today)
Becket Simonon Durant in Oak (arriving today)

Edit: Currently have dead stock Ferragamo in Tramezza and Originalle lines... So nice that I just can't break them out to wear lol. For sure, I will rock the Beckett Simonon's first as my beaters hehe.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
It’s a sickness my friend....today’s pill for me....

View attachment 1317981

View attachment 1317982
Finally, I have succeded in not waiting the next custom weekend while not paying the custom fee. They had given me a MTO fee waived discount code in the box of my custom weekend MTO and I have used it in december. But, with holidays and winter sales, the production seems to be a little late. Just enought for me to ask them to replace the Balmoral I had choosen for a Jumper in Armagnac...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads