• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1318334 View attachment 1318336

So this is my issue with Carmina:

After about ~10 wears I noticed 3/4 sides of the tongues are tearing. They’re not willing to take the shoes back for even a partial refund with restocking fees etc.

They finally responded that they will be reinforcing the area. Does anyone know what reinforcing looks like? Is it more holes in the cordovan? Is it a clean fix or will it look sloppy?

What is making me angry in addition to the response time of like three months to get this sorted is that they are saying it’s not a correct fit and that’s why it tore not at all the fault of the design or craftsmanship.

So if it’s wrong - make the customer happy and let them refund or exchange for something that works but nope gotta pour more resources into a pair that is 99% likely to tear again.

Cordovan tears, and when cordovan tears it will just get worst. I’m pretty convinced that no fix short of replacing the upper will prevent the tongue area from ripping down the line.

So now I will be stuck with a pair I will be in fear of wearing and will never be able to enjoy and i will hate it. If I wear it and it tears again in another ten wears, will Carmina still support their craftsmanship and repair again and again? These ~$800 shoes are supposed to last longer than this.

This post turned out longer than expected but I just had to vent. This is ridiculous.

They don't actually look all that tight in the instep. Very unfortunate and I certainly understand how you feel. I don't have any advice and I'm not sure how they could be reinforced reliably.

yengli

Reaction score
Does anyone know if carmina is able to resize shoes? Like half a size larger ?

adrs1157

Reaction score
As someone who wears 10.5 EEE on the Allen Edmonds 65 Last, what sizing is comparable on the Carmina's? It seems like the EEE is only equivalent to a E width in the US.

Any places to try Carmina shoes in Toronto? Or is New York the closest?

Lost & Found shop at Queen & Ossington stocks a couple of makeups. Rain, forest and soller lasts at the moment.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Haven't posted here a while.

Just wanna share my Shell Wholecut collection :)
From left: Burgundy, Rubi, Natural, Armagnac (MTO), Navy, Green.

Still missing Bourbon (and if we talk some occasional offerings; Color 4 and Amaretto), and Black :)

DSCF3982.jpg

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Did end up hearing back from Carmina about my Color 4 MTO. Sounds like they're still in the cutting phase of production. Not in any rush and hopefully they're starting to catch back up on e-mails.
Hopefully they are. Still waiting for a response and a solution regarding the boots I received on october 14th...

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still missing Bourbon (and if we talk some occasional offerings; Color 4 and Amaretto), and Black :)

View attachment 1318712

Beauitful.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I was wondering if Armagnac was the darkest cordovan brown that Carmina propose to make MTO boots.
Was there a dark brown, one day ?

danadd94

Reaction score
Same here! Delivering Monday. What’s your makeup?
Mines also scheduled for Monday delivery!

NST boot on forest last! Antique brass/gold eyeles, tramuntana sole, orange kid lining, and somewhere between natural and Chestnut edge finishing.

What's your build?

jamie411

Reaction score

View attachment 1318712

Beautiful shine - what's your routine? I've tried the Mac method on a pair of black wholecuts and I haven't been able to raise such a nice shine.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Mines also scheduled for Monday delivery!

NST boot on forest last! Antique brass/gold eyeles, tramuntana sole, orange kid lining, and somewhere between natural and Chestnut edge finishing.

What's your build?
That’s going to look awesome. Mine are 532 long wing bluchers on Oscar, flat welt, double JR sole, blind eyelets, medallion 1 (standard long wing medallion).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads