• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blastwice

Reaction score
I was wondering the same—looks more like bourbon, or perhaps it's just the artificial lighting. I was looking side by side with some color 4 boots that had been posted previously and these seem to be lacking the red undertones and look lighter overall.

I'll upload some photos next to other color 4 specimens later today, but certainly, these are color 4. Just starting a little darker than some Color 4. (Also red looks very brown under inside lights in photos. You'll understand better when I post the side by sides.)

They don't look anything like bourbon. Totally different shade of brown.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Full strap penny loafers!

38B50E66-C344-4A1F-9AE9-450D83CFB7BF.jpeg

serbarristan

Reaction score
I'll upload some photos next to other color 4 specimens later today, but certainly, these are color 4. Just starting a little darker than some Color 4. (Also red looks very brown under inside lights in photos. You'll understand better when I post the side by sides.)

They don't look anything like bourbon. Totally different shade of brown.
Nice, looking forward to seeing more photos. Still waiting on mine - 532 long wing (believe same model) on Oscar with flat welt and double JR. Wonder if there are any other color 4 long wing makeups in the group.

Roen

Reaction score
As someone who wears 10.5 EEE on the Allen Edmonds 65 Last, what sizing is comparable on the Carmina's? It seems like the EEE is only equivalent to a E width in the US.

Any places to try Carmina shoes in Toronto? Or is New York the closest?

nes1us

Reaction score
As someone who wears 10.5 EEE on the Allen Edmonds 65 Last, what sizing is comparable on the Carmina's? It seems like the EEE is only equivalent to a E width in the US.

Any places to try Carmina shoes in Toronto? Or is New York the closest?

I also wear 10.5 EEE in AE. Based on the advice from this thread, I ended up ordering boots in 10.5 EEE Rain last and they fit well. YMMV

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics