• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 82

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think he means customer service as well as QC.
I guess we all go by our own experiences, which is fair enough. I will say though that they do, in my experience, have more QC issues than the other makers.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Forget the bottom two! The Lange! ? Incredible watches! Have you not had good experiences with Lange?

Lange - 1. The scratch on date window is a tooling mark and a sign of craftsmanship
2. The plentiful dust specs = watches are not meant to be photographed
3. A misaligned hour marker = well within our range of QC.

?

I went .. My Seiko performs a 100 times better in that dept and costs a 100 times less.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lange - 1. The scratch on date window is a tooling mark and a sign of craftsmanship
2. The plentiful dust specs = watches are not meant to be photographed
3. A misaligned hour marker = well within our range of QC.

?

I went .. My Seiko performs a 100 times better in that dept and costs a 100 times less.
Wow! This is an eye opener.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what model and last? Box says 923 forest but that looks different online with a pronounced split toe that is clearly missing here. Thanks.
DD38899D-5758-45F0-BD4D-DA7CB7DF619D.jpeg
73F396A4-5EE8-416F-9E0D-0A24B8E84459.jpeg

Last edited:

Kimistry

Reaction score
So I recently received my penny loafers Genova last 7.5 UK. I usually wear 7.5 for rain and Inca lasts but this Genova seems a bit small. Anyone else feel the same?

I also purchased shoe trees and here is where it gets weird. I now have 3 different types of Carmina shoe trees. The ones I received with the loafers are the ones in the far left. But they honestly seem better suited for the Inca last and the ones on the far right seem better suited for these loafers. So my question is whether you guys have received different trees for different lasts too? I would probably just use these new hinged trees with my Inca shoes but they are sized 7 and my shoes are size 7.5, and they do seem a half size too small. are there half sized for these hinged trees?

Attachments

• 32ED4C03-B0BA-4698-9249-ADFFCCBFDE89.jpeg
    32ED4C03-B0BA-4698-9249-ADFFCCBFDE89.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 118
  • 51590562-4493-4B1D-BD1E-3B6F1C2E4CB1.jpeg
    51590562-4493-4B1D-BD1E-3B6F1C2E4CB1.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 0894CEA8-4299-4945-A4A8-165DCAA4E226.jpeg
    0894CEA8-4299-4945-A4A8-165DCAA4E226.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 148

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m very much a light weight in my experience with @Carmina having just ordered my 6th pair of Cordovan boots. Thankfully I’ve not had an issue that has concerned me and have always found them to be easy to deal with.
I have had cause to contact another maker about the QC of their Cordovan boots; their response was less than acceptable - send them back at my own cost (extremely expensive from my location back to the UK). I couldn’t believe they would let that particular pair leave their factory in that condition.
That said, I’m not invalidating anyone’s QC issues.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
i find wool works well, but I certainly experienced a little sweat here and there. Cashmere is super nice, but longevity is lower. Washing is a little complicated for both. For socks almost pure cotton works best for me. Very comfortable, no sliding, no sweat, longevity good and just throw them in the washing mashine in a net.

Oh and it doesn't matter what shoe as long as its a good leather shoe.
Full cotton works very well for sweat absorption, but it keeps less heat...
Half size up is the better option for me. Better sweat evacuation, better isolation against conduction cooling and better blood circulation in toes because they are less tight, and the more blood circulates, the warmer the toes.

Sure. You know the leather heel pad that Carmina uses on all shoes? Ok - imagine that for the entire inside of the shoe. It makes it very comfortable. So, just imagine this but all the way down the footbed.

View attachment 1297887
I tried the full leather insole with a Crockett Belgrave Handgrade. It was very confortable but I had the feeling that my feet slided a little bit inside the shoes, so I don't know what thinking about this option...
I am interested by your opinion on it.

Last edited:

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I'm going to play the devil's advicate, but for my part, with my only 3 orders (and 2 more before the end of the year), I had no problem. I would say even more, I changed about 10 times my mind on my 2 mto. Enought to drive nuts the CS, but they made all the changes before begining the construction. I was amazed...

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full cotton works very well for sweat absorption, but it keeps less heat...
Half size up is the better option for me. Better sweat evacuation, better isolation against conduction cooling and better blood circulation in toes because they are less tight, and the more blood circulates, the warmer the toes.

I tried the full leather insole with a Crockett Belgrave Handgrade. It was very confortable but I had the feeling that my feet slided a little bit inside the shoes, so I don't know what thinking about this option...
I am interested by your opinion on it.

No sliding at all. Not one bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads