1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. CDRiis

CDRiis Active Member

I own and love a pair of dark brown suede chukkas on Forest that fit great.
    Yesterday I tried same last/size in an oxford but found it very (=too) tight around the instep.
    An oxford probably won't stretch much in that area as it's right on top of the seams.
    Any input on a last with higher instep? They didn't have a size up at the store, so I'll have to try that at a later point in time.

2. dresstokill

dresstokill Well-Known Member

I wanted to share a recent MTO of mine. I received them a while ago but due to bad weather didn't have a chance to wear them yet.
    Burgundy museum calf, Rain last. The eyelet style is debatable but I must say I really like it.
    FullSizeRender6.jpg FullSizeRender3.jpg FullSizeRender1.jpg

naspratt and Gabru like this.
  3. vriche

vriche Senior member

Nice shoes but the eyelets make them a no for me. An Adelaide is such a dressy style and those eyelets are way too casual. But these aren't my shoes so my opinion means nothing.

4. dresstokill

dresstokill Well-Known Member

That's totally fine - I'm aware it's not for everyone. It was actually an accident but personally I really like how it turned out.

5. vmss

vmss Senior member

Beautiful shoes. I love how they came out, eyelets might not be everyone's cup of tea but the shoes came out great.