• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

runningfrog

Reaction score

forest is a bit wider than robert. here's an old pic i had on my phone:

the left is robert and the right is forest.
i prefer the robert last as it fits snug, but not tight. the forest (in the same size) feels looser even if i pull the places pretty tight. i might be able to go a half size down in the forest, but it would be harder to find since i wear UK7. i'll try to take a better comparison pic tomorrow morning.

here's another pic, but it's hard to tell that the forest fits wider from this view.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those [saddle and cognac shell] look flat, color wise. ruby and navy are the way to go
I can't speak to the cognac (yet!), but Carmina's saddle shell is far from flat in person. It looks wonderful and has great depth, in my opinion.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

runningfrog

Reaction score

I can't speak to the cognac (yet!), but Carmina's saddle shell is far from flat in person. It looks wonderful and has great depth, in my opinion.

agreed, saddle is a great color and imo it's more versatile than alden's whisky. i guess my iphone cannot capture it very well indoors. i'll try to take some better pics with my dslr.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered those directly from Carmina when it seemed like they restocked recently. Looks like they've already sold out of a lot of size. I just got them last week and wore them for the first time earlier this week. Lovely in person and very comfy.
http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3476666

Thanks for the link...Carmina's pics are terrible!! Anyway...I believe that Carmina is a little less expensive that the Armoury.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pastor

Reaction score
Finally got to pick up my MTO order today.
MTO Navy Shell
Single Monk Style on the Inca last

My first impression is that these shoes rock. Inside they look almost black but outside the shell is a rich blue color. Total time from payment to delivery was 8 weeks. Check out the pics from below. My only reference to size are the Epaulet Rain lasted MTO snuff suedes. These are slightly wider than those but if you have a high instep I'm not sure they would work. With just trying them on I had to loosen the strap to the furthest hole. They feel great on my feet and if they break in even the slightest bit it will be an almost perfect fit. I'm going to have to go look at NAMOR's post about what to wear with navy shell...

shoe1l.jpg

Inside No Flash on these two pics
shoe2m.jpg

shoe3.jpg

Inside with a Flash on these next two
shoe4.jpg

shoe5b.jpg

Natural sunlight in this one pic
shoe6.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What an awesome makeup. Color, material, design, last. Superb. Would you mind sharing how much they cost?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MTO Navy Shell
My first impression is that these shoes rock. Inside they look almost black but outside the shell is a rich blue color. Total time from payment to delivery was 8 weeks. Check out the pics from below. My only reference to size are the Epaulet Rain lasted MTO snuff suedes. These are slightly wider than those but if you have a high instep I'm not sure they would work. With just trying them on I had to loosen the strap to the furthest hole. They feel great on my feet and if they break in even the slightest bit it will be an almost perfect fit. I'm going to have to go look at NAMOR's post about what to wear with navy shell...
shoe1l.jpg

Inside No Flash on these two pics
shoe2m.jpg

shoe3.jpg

Inside with a Flash on these next two
shoe4.jpg

shoe5b.jpg

shoe6.jpg

BALLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

runningfrog

Reaction score

MTO Navy Shell
shoe6.jpg

damn, such a great makeup. 8 weeks is great turnaround for MTO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads