• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resonator

Reaction score

Although Soller is considered to be 'E' wide according to Carmina last info page...
http://www.carminashoemaker.com/about-last
I find Soller slightly longer and wider than any other Carmina lasts (Detroit being the only exception)
I have a semi wide feet and I size down half from my Rain/Foest/Oscar sizing for both Soller and Detroit

Thanks for the reply ....... have been doing a bit of research on the old inter webs!!!! And every time I think I will size down a half size I read some other comment to not size down.
Even the guys at Skoaktiebolaget ....... some size down some not .......

papercut

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's an updated list after the discussion.

In light of the upcoming wetter season, we will be using the Tomir sole instead.

Specifications:
Model: Carmina Full strap penny loafer
Last: Uetam
Leather: Vegano Marron calf leather
Sole: Tomir Dark Brown sole
Lining: Whiskey

Confirmed - Total count: 8
@aspasp
@CarlosMS16
@luc13
@mcl911
@mockingboy
@papercut
@ploughshare
@shortribs

Photo credits: The Armoury and Sartorial Journal, Skoaktiebolaget

**Please note that the Rusticalf leather is used in the first 3 pictures. We will going ahead with the normal calf leather in Vegano Marron instead.

Last edited:

canadianhockey3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd like to remind everyone of our glorious GMTO for a burgundy punched cap toe oxford on a Rain last, Tomir sole, with whiskey lining! We are ordering through Skoak, and the pre-order page should be up soon on their website. You know you want a Tomir sole with September, and, incidentally, fall weather quickly approaching! If you are interested, please let us know in the thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/504734/...-cap-toe-rain-last-tomir-sole/90#post_8041464

urban

Reaction score
Hey guys,

In light of the upcoming wetter season, we will be using the Tomir sole instead.

Specifications:

@aspasp
@CarlosMS16
@luc13
@mcl911
@mockingboy
@papercut
@ploughshare
@shortribs

**Please note that the Rusticalf leather is used in the first 3 pictures. We will going ahead with the normal calf leather in Vegano Marron instead.

I will seriously think about this GMTO. I have just received another full strap loafer (albeit in suede) and i was indeed longing for a brown full strap loafer earlier....

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Specifications:

@aspasp
@CarlosMS16
@luc13
@mcl911
@mockingboy
@papercut
@ploughshare
@shortribs

I'm in for this so long as it's through Skoak. The GMTO prices on Carmina's website seem to include the 50% upcharge for GMTO, whereas I haven't seen that on Skoak's site.

moixet

Reaction score
I'm in for this so long as it's through Skoak. The GMTO prices on Carmina's website seem to include the 50% upcharge for GMTO, whereas I haven't seen that on Skoak's site.

The upcharge is only for gmto's finished, And in Carmina website you have the shoes in 30 days for the same price...

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fwiw I've gotten better service through Skoak. I emailed Carmina the same time I reached out to Skoak about my current GMTO and I got a 3 word answer. I went with Skoak.

That being said, the one vs. three month wait time, if true, is a big advantage.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected! Thanks for the info guys, will surely keep that in mind next time.

gdknight64

Reaction score

The upcharge is only for gmto's finished, And in Carmina website you have the shoes in 30 days for the same price... 

Can someone who's gone directly through Carmina clarify/corroborate if the 1-month vs 3-month wait time happened in practice?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fwiw I've gotten better service through Skoak. I emailed Carmina the same time I reached out to Skoak about my current GMTO and I got a 3 word answer. I went with Skoak.

That being said, the one vs. three month wait time, if true, is a big advantage.

True, but I think a lot of us like 50% now, 50% later.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Carmina is on summer holiday right now? Return date? Many thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads