• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I would prefer the shortwings.

diglett

Reaction score
Christoph, boots would be great for denim and chinos. Chelseas would be killer, but be sure to consider wingtips, Jodhpurs and balmorals. The bal boots might be a bit dressier, but would still look great in a brown leather or suede (or combo of those).

Epaulet apparently just put in orders for a burgundy shell wingtip boot, which I think will be great for casual wear. If that's up your alley and you're not in a rush, you could wait ~2 months for those to go on sale.

Christoph

Reaction score
Yeah you make a good point diglett. I wanted to get a new style of shoe but it I think sticking with boots would likely be better.

The Carver Burgundy Calfskin Chelseas look like they would be the dressiest of them all, but they do look cool. I'm hesitant about chelseas as I've never worn a pair..

Hell, I'd even consider just getting the Carmina Ashbery Chukka Boot Brown Calfskin. But again, I'd be worried they might be a little too dressy for denim and chinos.. maybe not though?

That or the Carmina Brown Mole Suede Chelseas look cool but I've never owned or worn a pair before so I'm on the fence about the style whereas I absolutely love chukkas.

I'd probably lean towards the calfskin chukkas. You guys think those work casually?

Last edited:

diglett

Reaction score
Yeah you make a good point diglett. I wanted to get a new style of shoe but it I think sticking with boots would likely be better.

The Carver Burgundy Calfskin Chelseas look like they would be the dressiest of them all, but they do look cool. I'm hesitant about chelseas as I've never worn a pair..

Hell, I'd even consider just getting the Carmina Ashbery Chukka Boot Brown Calfskin. But again, I'd be worried they might be a little too dressy for denim and chinos.. maybe not though?

That or the Carmina Brown Mole Suede Chelseas look cool but I've never owned or worn a pair before so I'm on the fence about the style whereas I absolutely love chukkas.

I'd probably lean towards the calfskin chukkas. You guys think those work casually?
Calfskin definitely seems more formal, but it's by no means undoable. Actually, I might be picking up those chukkas if/when they restock, also to wear with chinos/denim.

I'm not a huge fan of the color on the Armoury chelseas, but that's just me. Be sure to check out Carmina's web shop for a few more boot options, including a half-rubber sole Jodhpur.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I am repeating a question...does anybody know the length and width measurements of the Deia last in sizes UK8 and UK8.5?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are fantastic looking but I'm holding out for either the Sinclair wingtip boot in cognac shell or the Steinbeck wingtip boot (like the one in the picture above) in burgundy shell.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Steinbeck sounds so german, har har

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics