• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My suede cap toes fit me now, I guess my feet have grown bigger over the past 5 months, still not crazy about the last shape. I think I won't branch out of English shoes and some Alden.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My suede cap toes fit me now, I guess my feet have grown bigger over the past 5 months, still not crazy about the last shape. I think I won't branch out of English shoes and some Alden.

Glad to hear you are making use of these. By the way a person's extremities tend to expand in the heat.

Regarding lasts/shape etc. when compared to English shoes, I hear you. There is something about the Carmina line in general that is just a bit more bold, simplified, straightforward, than the most elegant of the English shoes. For me, if I am looking for a super elegant oxford for wear with suits I'm sticking to England.

However, for shell, or shoes intended to wear with odd jackets, etc. etc. Carmina hits my G-spot still. There is something about the slightly more robust nature of their lasts/styling that the English makers don't quite hit.

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad to hear you are making use of these.
Regarding lasts/shape etc. when compared to English shoes, I hear you. There is something about the Carmina line in general that is just a bit more bold, simplified, straightforward, than the most elegant of the English shoes. For me, if I am looking for a super elegant oxford for wear with suits I'm sticking to England.
However, for shell, or shoes intended to wear with odd jackets, etc. etc. Carmina hits my G-spot still. There is something about the slightly more robust nature of their lasts/styling that the English makers don't quite hit.

I disagree with that, carmina is the only non english and american shoe I have and I would pick English or American any day. It just looks little clownish to me, not to say that British don't make shoes on crazy lasts, G&G is a perfect example. I would never wear their RTW shoes.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I disagree with that, carmina is the only non english and american shoe I have and I would pick English or American any day. It just looks little clownish to me, not to say that British don't make shoes on crazy lasts, G&G is a perfect example. I would never wear their RTW shoes.

What do you mean by clownish? What last are your captoes on?

barkingloud78

Reaction score
What USA dealers carry Carmina? I see they sell online now which is interesting, but appears to just be ready made shoes.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to post this picture here. These aren't mine (I wish!) but I believe they seriously qualify as Appreciation...

td8c3710.jpg

Last edited:

sdolina

Reaction score
Passing Hamburg have bought the new boots.
Model 905 in Rain last, size 8,5 (although I have 9,5 in C&J and most others) in suede in addition to cordovan in Forest-A, that I bought in Amsterdam.
Iphone pic taken in the shop, sorry.

Last edited:

Rankiz

Reaction score
Going to Madrid next week, have been wanting to buy these jodhpur boots for some time. :nodding:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads