• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damn man, white jeans? thats so hard to pull off. im not emotionally ready for that struggle

I've seen your quantity of shoes on IG. I know you can pull it off. Haha.
And eggshell is so much easier than white. Kidding

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
its also harder to pull of the natural denim look. chinos are a little easier i think...

i have a pair of left field selvedge chinos that ill try and wear...

MightnMagic

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought my first pair of carmina, abd they arrived yesterday. They are beautiful but I found this

Would you return them?

diglett

Reaction score
Your call. I've had a loose stitch or two, and I've just snipped them off and never worried about them again. Never had any problems later on.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow what's that? Never seen that before

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its also harder to pull of the natural denim look. chinos are a little easier i think...

i have a pair of left field selvedge chinos that ill try and wear...
Yeah I saw your left field's you posted.
They look pretty nice.
Mine are just a little off white, so they are easier to wear than stark white.

Todd V

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought my first pair of carmina, abd they arrived yesterday. They are beautiful but I found this

Would you return them?

Other than the loose stitch it looks like some polish is caked in the holes. No big deal.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah I saw your left field's you posted. 
They look pretty nice.
Mine are just a little off white, so they are easier to wear than stark white. 

yeah i had a pair of rrl chinos and couldnt do it.. ill give it a shot, maybe after the leg is slimmed down.. maybe if i get the white viberg roughout boot i can knock out 2 birds with one stone for the complete "i dont give a ..." yet spend close to $1000 look

aldenwear

Reaction score

yeah i had a pair of rrl chinos and couldnt do it.. ill give it a shot, maybe after the leg is slimmed down.. maybe if i get the white viberg roughout boot i can knock out 2 birds with one stone for the complete "i dont give a ..." yet spend close to $1000 look

That's very funny!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Great thread with awesome info and pics. I'm a complete novice with Carmina and recently became infatuated with the lined New Tobacco Suede Chukka from Skoak. I have zero experience with any Carmina lasts but from what I've read here the Detroit is very roomy? I'm a Brannock US13D, Alden Barrie 12.5D, C&J 325/341 UK12E and flat-footed & slightly wide. Would the UK11.5 (I'm assuming E) work for me? Does anyone have photos of this boot in the wild?

Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm truly very sorry to only be contributing a sizing question to this thread thus far.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/carmina-new-tobacco-suede-chukka

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI, I think youre the same size as leaves. No experience with Detroit last

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads