Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Thank you to the mods for changing the name of this thread, so that I can now browse while at work. [​IMG]

2. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Finally!! I didn't even notice that. I brought that up months ago.

3. partyof6

partyof6 Senior Member

Very pleased with it. I think it's perfect for a casual chukka. Roomy enough to wear thicker socks for winter or casual wear, but not so roomy that they are sloppy. I've worn dress socks with them too, and the fit is still great. I was also pleasantly surprised by their shape. They're considered a wide last, but they are sleeker than I thought they'd be...less blobby than Alden Barrie last.

4. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Just did some quick price comparisons. It looks like Quality Shop is the cheapest Carmina option if you're outside the EU (free shipping). Can anybody else confirm?

5. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

Well the 80105s I ordered from Carmina came to 301EU with their 50% off shipping right now. With QS you only get free shipping with a total over 300EU, and since the shoes are just under, I'd have had to add something else to the cart to put it over 300. So once Carmina's shipping deal ends I guess you could do just a hair better with QS depending on what you buy.

6. othertravel

Just put Carmina's in the cart at Quality Shop, and I got free shipping with a purchase of 297.

7. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

Did you have to pay customs when buying directly from Carmina?

I will say one of the great things about SkoatAB is they declare items in a certain way to avoid customs fees by using USPS. I wonder if QS does the same thing.

8. othertravel

Anybody order from Quality Shop to comment on the experience?

9. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

Maybe their shipping page isn't correct then, that's what I was going off of when shopping.
    http://www.quality-shop.com/world/payment-shipping

I got a Fedex bill yesterday - not sure if it was from my Meermins or Carminas. But I'm exchanging my Carminas - hopefully I don't get hit twice. I might have to work that out with Fedex :crazy:

10. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I just want to make one thing clear, we declare everything 100% by the book according to Swedish and EU regulations. It is a mystery to me why our clients almost never get hit by customs, I guess it's because of the huge volumes USPS handle. It might also have to do with the fact that we are very thorough with our paperwork (we're Swedes after all, ha ha).

We will never declare a lower value for any goods, it is my firm belief that this undermines retailers in other regions. I'm not a stickler or anything, it's just I want to be fair to my colleagues. And with the 25% VAT removed outside the EU, we already have a price advantage of sorts (mainly because USPS very rarely charges customs, but this is the US Customs Office's loss and our clients gain I guess :) ).

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Don't change a thing! haha

12. justinkapur

justinkapur Distinguished Member

How funny, an honest business running honestly and ethically and it benefits its customers? You are a model for all others to follow sir. I have ordered socks and shoes from Skoak and had items shipped to me faster from international than someone who lives in the states and communication with the team has been fantastic. Well done gents!

13. golfinz

golfinz Senior Member

Just got another package from the wonderful Steve! The newest member to the family is the chocolate suede adelaide to go along with its brother, the tobacco suede adelaide. The tobacco suede is from Skotie and the tobacco belt is from Steve. As you can tell, the belt and shoes are a different shade of tobacco, due in part to Carmina using a different supplier, but they are close enough to wear together. As usual, Steve was on point with everything! Thanks again sir! On to the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Distinguished Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Leaves just explained this the other day in the Skoak thread. Check it out, but I believe you are close.