1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior Member

I haven't followed much of this thread but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

[​IMG]

This is pretty much my dream shoe at the moment. Burgundy calf, punched captoe oxford on the Simpson last. I can't seem to find anywhere that has it for sale, does anyone know if something like this is coming up at any Carmina retailers? Thanks!

2. ayush12345

ayush12345 Active Member

I just ordered this in cordovan. When I asked them about this shoe, they said it's not in stock. It'll be difficult, if not impossible, to find this at any carmina retailer.

3. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior Member

Dude, how did you end up with my feet? Or we have the same feet. On every device and last. Amazing.

4. forsan

forsan Senior Member

Glad to know there are more of us out there, dude! *fist bumps*

If that's the case, I'm sure you can share my struggle of having to find extended ranges for stock items and otherwise having to go MTO. At least we've found someone else to buy/sell shoes with...

5. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are models we just put on sale.
    80191 loafer Uetam last light brown/dark tan sizes 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9.5,10, 10.5UK
    10078 Simpson last grey suede 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9.5, 10, 10.5UK
    10078 Simpson last noix suede 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5UK
    All models are $400 plus shipping. Please pm me with any questions.

6. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior Member

Noix suede looks amazing - but I can't wear Simpson - gah.

7. diglett

diglett Senior Member

I have a pair of Noix wholecuts from Leatherfoot, and it really is a gorgeous color. I love the Noix chukkas from Gentlemen's Footwear, too.

By the way, how do you pronounce Noix? Is the "oix" like the "wah" sound?

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I think it is pronounced more like New. Basically it is nut or walnut in French.

Edit. "wah" is correct.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

9. All Tatters

All Tatters Senior Member

The shell cordovan in Carmina's own web store just went way up.

Shell cordovan boots went to € 720,- from € 600,-
    Shell cordovan oxfords/derbies went to € 590,- from € 520 (IIRC)

Was holding out on some SC boots because I need more basic shoes first and my budget is far from limitless but now I'm still feeling kind of sorry. I'm sure those shell boots are still really good value at € 720,- but knowing the price has been increased 20% recently I'll be less likely to buy any time soon.

10. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Distinguished Member

That's supply and demand for you. It was bound to happen and unless cordovan supplies stabilize it'll continue to happen Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Distinguished Member

AFPOS has the Alfred Sargent Moore in cherry (i think) that looks similar. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Distinguished Member

If you're in the U.S., you can take the VAT off of that, saving you around 20% - which means that even with the increases the prices are still pretty close to, e.g., what AE and Alden charge for their shell makeups (which have gone up steadily as well). I agree that if you were about to pull the trigger on something but just didn't do it in time, that sucks, but I'd say Carmina shell is still an excellent value.

13. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

X - Post from Skoaktiebolaget thread:

Just got my tobacco suede rain lasted adelaides, the special manolo make-up from Skoak.

This is the new batch of Tabacco that replaced the one which was initially presented, but then changed without notice to Skoak or any of it's customers.

Anyways, I took the chance that I would be happy with the purchase and went ahead with the order even though Skoak gave me the option to cancel and get a refund. I have always been happy with my purchases from them prior. Let me say, I'm very happy I did not cancel.

The color is a bit darker then the original, but has less of the redness and still has a soft brown that looks really nice under natural light. I can see myself wearing these all the way through the end of autumn before any heavy snowfall.

Anyways, here are some pics from my iPhone that I snapped just to give some of the members here an idea what they may have missed out on if they cancelled, or possible future MTOs with this material. The last picture of the bunch is a pair of captoes that I have in snuff suede, just to show the color difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior Member

Uetam Penny from Skoak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Petepan

Petepan Distinguished Member

Practically live in these boots now: