• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Detroit last is similar to Rain in that it is wide and with a low instep/vamp area. I have a pair of half brogues in that last, it's very comfortable.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If you guys like navy lets make this boot happen.
nod[1].gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
unipair, you need to show this... with this. its night and day. Navy Blue Shell cannot be mimic'ed. it either is or is not

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score

Well this is not good, shoes are digging into the top of my toes. What are the odds it goes away over time? This doesn't bode well for picking up more shoes from carmina.

My direct MTO with Carmina did this on the first wear. They are a shell single monk on the Inca last and where the shoe creased it literally rubbed a blister on my foot. That last has fit fine in other leathers so I was perplexed at a $800+ MTO that hurt my feet. I wore then for a while and honestly things didn't get better. I consulted B. Nelson and he assured me that he could stretch them around the crease area. I sent them to him for what he described as "wet stretching" and when they came back they were perfect. No more issues at all. While they were with B Nelson I went ahead and got sunken metal toe taps installed as well. The price was minimal for both procedures.

Last edited:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
unipair, you need to show this...

with this. its night and day. Navy Blue Shell cannot be mimic'ed. it either is or is not

That is true. If I had a better picture people could see what a beautiful boot this will be. I will work on a better picture. Come on guys this could be amazing.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ladies,

The jumper boot group MTO (model 80184/Oscar last/cognac shell/Dainite sole) has now reached critical mass. It's a "go" project. We have the green light. We are on. We are money.

I have also received confirmation from our partner Skoaktiebolaget that we can specify "dark Cognac" as our desired colour, as this is an official colour from the Horween range.

The boot will therefore look pretty much like this:

Pretty sexy, huh?

OK, now here's the thing. If you've been sitting on the sidelines, quietly lurking and observing and thinking about participating in this offer, now's your chance. You have the weekend to move on it. PM me (or Leaves) and confirm your order, or cry forever in your soup. 4480SEK (ex VAT) will get you this boot. Miss out, and ***** will most assuredly not be given.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
something like this:

Also, does Carmina have a book of medallions? Id like to try out something new

yeah thats queer

Word. What kind of boot are you thinking? I want to get in on a boot and dig carmina but am leaning eg I think

iirc you can add punching to carmina MTOs across lasts and models, so maybe something like this would work for the medallion

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web...id_mod=227&id_modFull=0,27,28,225,226,227,228

I really like the shape of Alden Plaza lasted boots. Both the wingtip above and the medallion boot below intrigue me but im not really sure what carmina last is equivalent

not sure if this is an interested in a wingtip boot mto, but if so, could we keep it on forest last please (perhaps robert would work as well)? nothing wider. :satisfied:

open to pretty much colors (nothing loud though - ie ruby even though it is fantastic). was thinking something along the lines of cognac, saddle, etc...

open to sole as well - i think this could be great

350x233px-LL-05e240ef_CarminaComboDainite.jpeg

or this

350x700px-LL-316fe5bb_Victory_sole.jpeg

Last edited:

WiredandTired

Reaction score

My direct MTO with Carmina did this on the first wear. They are a shell single monk on the Inca last and where the shoe creased it literally rubbed a blister on my foot. That last has fit fine in other leathers so I was perplexed at a $800+ MTO that hurt my feet. I wore then for a while and honestly things didn't get better. I consulted B. Nelson and he assured me that he could stretch them around the crease area. I sent them to him for what he described as "wet stretching" and when they came back they were perfect. No more issues at all. While they were with B Nelson I went ahead and got sunken metal toe taps installed as well. The price was minimal for both procedures.

I'll keep B Nelson in mind if it comes to that. I'm going to give it a few more break in days.

Very nice single monk. I really liked that style ever since I saw it on epaulet.

Pastor

Reaction score

I'll keep B Nelson in mind if it comes to that. I'm going to give it a few more break in days.

Very nice single monk. I really liked that style ever since I saw it on epaulet.

I had these made after seeing NAMOR's blue shell boots. I was tempted to purchase Epaulet's blue shell double monks but when I saw this design on the Carmina site I set up the MTO with Betty. It really is a great shoe design.

Calikid

Reaction score
These are some of the best I've seen. I may have to look into the Detroit. How does it fit compared to Forest?
Thanks... I don't know yet. I have not tried them on yet as I have been spending a lot of time staring at them and smelling them.... they do smell good....
i will compare to the Forest and get back to you....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads