• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kayjaybee

Reaction score
Any takers on Snuff Suede? I would love a brogued captoe in Snuff on maybe the Rain last. Any opinions? I have simpson and I dont care much for the last on it.

Do you like the Inca last (same as UPG's pics)? Carmina makes a fantastic half-brogue on the Inca last that I've considered getting a suede MTO. Here's a pic of the model from Gentlemen's Footwear (in calf of course)...maybe I'm confused and you simply want a captoe like UPG posted with a brogued toe cap. Either way I like the idea.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thecool85

Reaction score
Anyone who needs to fill in that black cap toe hole in their shoe wardrobe ought to jump fast. I'm not sure what last these are, but they look nice:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/carmina-shoemaker-lace-up-shoe-item-10348998.aspx?storeid=9269

Also, a nice deal on some shell wingtips. I think these are the 922 Rain last:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...ace-up-oxford-item-10349002.aspx?storeid=9269

Looks like they black cap toes are on the Simpson last.

eddiemczee

Reaction score

I just got these Carmina derby boots in burgundy shell cordovan and I must say they are some of the most beautiful boots I own!
More pics at http://gezzaseyes.tumblr.com/post/51866026037/ever-since-i-read-this-article-in-die-workwear-i
Glad to see you got those bad boys, Gerry! I was wearing mine all over Paris, where it was raining on and off and the boots held up mighty well. Sure there is a little spotting, but nothing a little brushing and Saphir won't fix. I also really like the Victory soles. Not sure if it's just me, but personally I felt they had more traction then the regular danite studded soles. I found myself walking around with no problems wearing my Carminas, but found myself slipping from time to time with my danite Tricker's.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as I'm concerned, the Uetam suede Loafer is the perfect casual shoe. I have 2 string Uetams and one more on the way.

So comfortable.

They look awesome. Going to try them on and see how the fit is.

zielschuss

Reaction score

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentleman we are trying to get some interested parties involved in a Carmina MTO that we are working on with Young from Gentlemans footwear. Details: Loafer on the Uetam last Navy Shell We have a few people interested and wanted to see if we can get a few more people involved. For pricing and such send myself or steveyoo1983. Thanks!

cto15

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post in Style Forum. I just bought my first pair of Carmina shoes in Japan a few weeks ago and a pair of shoe trees as well for it. (Pictures attached below)

Just wanted to know, are these type of shoe trees good for maintaining the shape of my Carmina shoes? I'm concerned about the narrow shape of the wood at the end of the shoe tree if it can fully help support the shape of the shoes in that area.

Would it be better if I buy another pair of shoe trees with a fuller shape at the end?

Thanks for the help and advise!

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i would prefer the back of it to be wider...

such as (see spoiler)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads