• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jcreadeur

Reaction score
Received notification today that my order from the last fee-waived special are on their way to me. DHL says they'll be here on Wednesday.
I’m jealous! I’m still waiting for mine from the GMTO back in January!

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Wow - I think my shoe design may have caught Carmina's attention.

From Instagram...
View attachment 1792667

Burgundy Boxcalf & Russian Reindeer.
That’s a really nice makeup! Next MTO weekend I’ll probably do something in mixed media. This time around I went with shell in something fairly boring but also very uncommon. I doubt it’ll get enough attention to show up on their page or even get a second look from most collectors.

Gustaf

Reaction score
X-post from C&J thread:

Anyone out there who could compare the Oscar last to C&J’s 325?

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to both questions but want to confirm:
1) Carmina's Russian grain is from JFJ Baker right? (This may be the only instance of anything anywhere where I don't want the Horween version)
2) for those with Carmina's Russian grain, is it effective as an all-weather leather?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer to both questions but want to confirm:
1) Carmina's Russian grain is from JFJ Baker right? (This may be the only instance of anything anywhere where I don't want the Horween version)
2) for those with Carmina's Russian grain, is it effective as an all-weather leather?
Yes it is and I think so. It's a veg tan leather so if you are okay with some patina I don't see why not

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming. I have been trying to exercise restraint and abstain from the Russian hatch but I think it's near time for this saga to come to its natural conclusion.
Seeing as the original spent a couple centuries at the bottom of the ocean I would think the occasional exposure to the elements shouldn't be a problem.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming. I have been trying to exercise restraint and abstain from the Russian hatch but I think it's near time for this saga to come to its natural conclusion.
Seeing as the original spent a couple centuries at the bottom of the ocean I would think the occasional exposure to the elements shouldn't be a problem.
I think if you don't have a pair in it, it's definitely worth a try and I'd have no qualms putting it through the paces and using some Bick 4 to keep it looking its best.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooja577