• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a pair from the cordovan event, but they don’t come in wide sizes. The work boots or the monk boots in amaretto shell would be top tier.
I think you can specify that on the ones with EE lasts in the comments section when ordering. The full shell range is now uploaded to each item too. I may, may have been tempted… 😇

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Been looking back through the archives and some stunning MTO and limited GMTO makeups (ie. any makeup in a given shell color or any leather / last makeup in a given style) over the years from Carmina.
Looking for inspiration for my next MTO makeup so would love to see some of the forum members' personal favorites from over the years. Particularly interested in shell :lurk:

Extra credit question: expository thoughts on dark shell (black, blue, burgundy) with natural welt

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Randomly called in to see how my MTO from the last weekend was coming along. Was told projected end of June. (And that was with the stores saying their orders get priority). Oof.

Dark shell with a natural welt tends to look better as a casual style. Brass eyelets, casual style (derby, boot, etc), and casual last.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking back through the archives and some stunning MTO and limited GMTO makeups (ie. any makeup in a given shell color or any leather / last makeup in a given style) over the years from Carmina.
Looking for inspiration for my next MTO makeup so would love to see some of the forum members' personal favorites from over the years. Particularly interested in shell :lurk:

Extra credit question: expository thoughts on dark shell (black, blue, burgundy) with natural welt
I’ve gazillions of Trickers with natural welts so have stayed well away from specifying Carmina for no other reason than my brain associates that combo more with casual or country styles.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one in on shell week? I was tempted by another Franken.. decided on a C4 brogued captoe…. Be rude not …

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received notification today that my order from the last fee-waived special are on their way to me. DHL says they'll be here on Wednesday.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stuartplovela