• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PACostag

Reaction score
Let the arrival season begin..

Russian Grain tanker…❤

@Carmina absolutely killed it..
View attachment 1736481
Perhaps my ignorance is showing - but what makes Russian Grain worth the extra cost? Isn't it just a basic hatch grain cowhide meant to mimic the old Russain reindeer hide that was at the bottom of the ocean for like 200 years? I'm a huge fan of textured leathers, so I get the appeal, but was wondering if I'm just missing something.

Absolutely killer pair though

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps my ignorance is showing - but what makes Russian Grain worth the extra cost? Isn't it just a basic hatch grain cowhide meant to mimic the old Russain reindeer hide that was at the bottom of the ocean for like 200 years? I'm a huge fan of textured leathers, so I get the appeal, but was wondering if I'm just missing something.

I’m assuming it’s the time to tan? Bakers who make it (or this version) it’s also Ox hide as opposed to calf I think so not sure if that has any bearing.
In the flesh it’s stunning stuff.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score

Based on what I’ve been told: it’s a different tanning process than normal leather. It takes longer. It smells different from normal leather. And it’s sturdier than calf. I’ve been told “half step below shell” levels of resilience. In person it looks phenomenal. Photos look great but in person it definitely feels and looks special.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Guys, is it only me who's still waiting for my shoes to arrive since the latest custom weekend?

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Guys, is it only me who's still waiting for my shoes to arrive since the latest custom weekend?
I have a pair outstanding but I live in Asia and package is en route. Suggest you ask the customer service for the tracking number on your shipment, it may very well be on its way.

Soixante

Reaction score

Bakers version are calf not cowhides nor steers (Horweens) and they are the closest properties to the OG’s.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I checked in on mine - they were damaged and being rebuilt. That's fairly typical for my larger size to have a screw up during production, plus they're wholecuts at that...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s one of those leathers one must handle in person to perceive how different, and for me special, this leather is. Like all things, it’s not for everyone, but I love the material.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%